Boler 1300 surface area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2014, 03:17 PM   #1

Name: Ed
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Boler 1300 surface area

I am looking at a 1973 13' Boler for sale in town and I am trying to do some looking into some of the things it may need in the near future. This one had an old paint job that looked like it was rolled on. PO mostly has it sanded off, but there are a few spots left. Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has approximate dimensions for this trailer so I can look into cost of a paint job. I was entertaining the possibility of doing it myself, but after looking into it, I'm not sure I'm up to the task. Certainly my garage is a little small to set up a dust free painting area. Has anyone else had their trailer professionally painted? How much did you spend? Were you happy with the results?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
skedius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 PM   #2

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
McCallum Collision. McCallum road in Abby (but no longer in business at that local).
Basically any body shop can do the work you desire, but you might want to look for a company that specializes in f'glass repair work and if you volunteer to do most/all the prep work yourself the spray job can be quite economical. Keep in mind the prep work is 90% of a good quality spray job. Let THEM do the work to your satisfaction (as well as theirs).
Attached Thumbnails
trailer3.jpg  
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 PM   #3

Name: Ed
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
I just had another look at the trailer today and I was mistaken about the paint. PO didn't have it all sanded off; just a few spots partway down. I would say the paint was rolled on for sure; no clue what kind it is, but i think a shiny auto-quality paint job would be more trouble than it's worth at this point. I'm okay with that though, since it is no longer a question of needing work before it's weather worthy.
Another question I have though - does anyone have any info on propane regulations in British Columbia? Materials required, fittings, layout etc in recreational vehicles. The guy replaced all the propane lines and didn't get it certified. He ran LP hose to the regulator, hose past it to the first T, hose up to the fridge, hose past the T to the elbow to the stove, and didn't go any farther to plumb the furnace. The line to the stove looks original and is hard copper line. I didn't think you could use any hose past the regulator, but the hose says LP gas, so I'm not sure what he was doing. Has anyone replaced all the propane in their trailer? What did it cost?
skedius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #4

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
I painted a Compact Jr with Marine Topside paint. I rolled it on and used a tipping brush to smooth out the roller marks. Took 3 coats and looked like it was sprayed.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler