Had a busy weekend and a few busy evenings...
I did some more exterior work. After the most recent rain, I found some more leaks
so I had to seal some more stuff that I was planning to leave alone until I painted the exterior. That was actually a silly notion, in retrospect. One thing I discovered was water leaking out from under the shower/bathroom (which on my model is right beside the fridge). Since my trailer hasn't had any active plumbing in 3 years, I was sure it was rain water. Since I had just resealed the bathroom window and frame, I was confident that wasn't it. The next place I looked was inside the fridge
access panel on the outside. It was drenched . We live on a windy hill so rain probably got blown inside the vents and then dripped down onto the wood, and from there, through the cracks in the old sealant (butyl putty plus some other caulking) and down the inside and finally out from under the fridge/bathroom wall onto the visible floor. Still not entirely sure how that fridge
area should honestly be drained but I'm thinking of building a wooden dam a few inches in to at least keep the water on the outer few inches of that area...
I also stripped and painted the front of the frame. I got rid of the propane
storage because I intend to construct a new storage bin like I did on my 1300. Since the hitch was pretty impossible to wire-wheel, I sandblasted it with my cheapo princess auto sand blaster:
I also added a bike carrier receiver and redesigned the tire carrier on the rear bumper:
and I rolled some truck bed liner on the front of the trailer to hopefully prevent more rock chips. I'm taking a gamble on this because I wasn't entirely pleased with the performance of the 'rubberized rock guard' stuff on the 1300..
Finally, I took the wheels off and left them at the tire store to be replaced and while there, took the brake drums off, repacked the bearings and inspected the brakes
(also in that picture, you can see the motion sensitive porch light
that I installed. I've had this light
sitting in a box for years always intending to put it on my 1300 but never getting around to it (sorry Yuri). Since the porch light
on this trailer was decimated in some high speed pine tree collision, this was perfect.)