boler 2 piece snap trim - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #1

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
canada n.s
boler 2 piece snap trim

Hey all thought it would be a good idea to rip off the old vynel / foam stuff off my walls and do hull liner GRATE IDEIA .. when i was ripping the old stuff down i was like hmm.. this 2 part snap trim stuff hiding the seams between the vynel garbage should be easy to find an any rv plaice right ? wrong.. i just came home from driving to every rv store, specially atto store, fibreglass store , and plastic store in the whole city of Halifax and cant find anything like it i need something to hide the ugly gap between the huliner seams . has anyone els on here ran in to this same problem ?? if so ide love to know what u did .. Im stumped !
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:43 AM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Tim,

Do a little reading here:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...ensolite&sa=Go
Old 05-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #3

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hey, Tom!

I've done all that reading- if the answer to Tim's question is in there I couldn't find it...got a specific link?

I've searched high and low for information on where to buy that particular trim, and for the track it snaps into as well. Been coming up empty so far...so far, nobody even seems to know what to CALL it!

One possible alternative:
If it's similar to that used in Trilliums, Trillium RV does sell some t-molding that might fit...but they don't sell the track part, either.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #4

Name: Tim
Trailer: boler
canada n.s
look at this francesca AeroPlastics Inc.
farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Tim, what you are looking for is called Interior Joint T Moulding and you can purchase it in Canada from Fiberglass RV Parts and Services by Paul Neumeister in Ontario.

Paul has been a good source of hard to find items for sometime here in the North.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #6

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
The T-molding at Neumeister's site is the same thing as at the TrilliumRV link I posted earlier. If Tim's Boler has any track, and it's like that on a Trillium, either of those will work.

Where I'm stumped is in the thread description- "two-piece" sounds to me as if Tim has neither trim nor track, and it's the track that's hard to find.

Per the link you posted just now, Tim:
That looks like the trim one puts into a kerf cut on table edges and I think the "tongue" is too deep for this application.

Francesca
Francesca Knowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
The T-molding at Neumeister's site is the same thing as at the TrilliumRV link I posted earlier.
Yup they will but as he is in Canada he would save himself a chunk of money in shipping and customs fees if he purchased it from a supplier in Ontario rather than Nevada.

If he emails Paul directly I am pretty sure he will get the product he is in need of as he is very familiar with Bolers.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler