Boler Fix / School Project - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Hi all i was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions on a boler im fixiing one up for my connections project at school and i want it to stand out and be awsome if anyone could suggest anything it would be great u can pm me the suggestions. ty

Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #2

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Boy, what kind of school do you get to go to? Restoring a trailer is a lot hipper project than we ever got to do! How fun!

I had boring classes like.. photography and.. cooking (I flunked that one )

It sounds like you have a blank slate.. start on the outside and give it a wild paint job. There is no RULE that says they have to be all white, or simple 2 tone like most are. Pick something you like and make it a theme inside and out.

What are your interests beside fixing up trailers?

Old 01-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #3

Well i go to a public school and every 2 years everyone in high school must do a major project and connect to class like im using Consumer and computer Apps. and on may 4th is presentation day and we get a day off to showoff or work and our familys and frineds come to see it. My only problem is im kinda low on money haha. I am also intersetd in snowmobiling. I was aucally planing on turning my boler into a hunting shack and modding the tires so that i could put on skis Well thats all for now
Old 01-26-2006, 10:05 PM   #4

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Quote:
im kinda low on money
oh.. that can be a problem

There are lots of "Face Lift" type things you can do to make it outragious and not cost a lot. In the states we have 99 cent stores with all kind of inexpensive things to decorate with. I am sure Canada has something like that.

It's mostly junk from overseas, but close out things are there too. 1/2 my trailer is done in 99 cent shiek You could get your project done and THEN spend the money as you get it to turn it into a hunting rig.

Spray paint and stencils could work.. if you snowboard, maybe a lot of stickers "tastefully done" with different snow or skateboard manufacturers etc.

I work for a musical instrument manufacturer, and kind of by accident, my trailer has a Fender guitars theme. (Hey, I get this junk for free )

Does your trailer needs structural work? Is it campable already? Or do you need to do a bunch of work to get it usable?

If you need to get it usable, you can maybe think of some way to use coolers, lanterns and other tent camping things instead of trying to get the electric and propane stuff going. Used camping gear is cheap! Cutting out spaces for this stuff doesn't cost a dime, and could be done with used lumber etc. Once again, paint is cheap.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:17 AM   #5

Yeah thanks that will really help me out alot i like to snowmobile and theres a sled shop in town but i play a tenor sax is there anyway you could send me a yamaha sticker or anything? and it is in campable cond but its all white and i want it to be a "pimping Wagon" haha If anyone reads this thread and has stickers for like DC or K-swiss Could They Please Mail Them to me? At box 1024 boissevain Manitoba R0K0E0 carson wilkinson that would help me out alot
Old 01-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #6

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Quote:
...In the states we have 99 cent stores with all kind of inexpensive things to decorate with. I am sure Canada has something like that.
Here they're usually "dollar stores" - doesn't everyone say prices are a bit higher in Canada?
But seriously, everywhere I've been has them, and they really are most-items-for-$1, or at least relatively cheap. Good source of cheap kitchen stuff for occasional use in the camper, too.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:36 AM   #7

Im not looking for interior stuff to do to it im looking more as exterior like i want to paint it black but my dad wont let me because it would be too hot but i dont want it to be a egg i want to do it as white and with thin flames along the bottom any other ideas?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:38 AM   #8

Does anyone think that shag carpet would be a good idea i want it to be 70's kinda
Old 02-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #9

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Does anyone think that shag carpet would be a good idea i want it to be 70's kinda
I don't...talk about a dirt/grass/moisture catcher.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:52 PM   #10

Trailer: 84 16 ft Scamp
Carson, it's stange how that works. Black not only makes it gather heat in the summer, but in the cold weather the heat inside radiates out best from a black color. So it's sort of like a "heads I win, tails you lose" proposition.

I did some experimentation on this. Originally I thought aluminum paint would be about as good as white, maybe better. Turned out it was worse, significantly worse.

You could go to an auto wrecking and perhaps find a good deal on a set of 3 mag wheels. Often a wreck will crunch one wheel and there aren't many folks who just want to buy three wheels. Another option might be to 'french' the tail lights and clearance lights.

Your dad may have opinions on this also. DAMHIK*.

Good luck!

* Don't ask me how I know.
Old 02-15-2006, 04:29 PM   #11

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Carson, you are onto a neat project. Recently someone posted a trailer done with lightening bolts all over it. The job was truly a knockout. Unfortunately I think the pictures of that rig got lost when we were hacked. Still, if you check what some of our members have done and then let your imagination run wild you can come up with something you'll be real proud of. Inside, most concentrate on theme curtains and build on that. Outside, the sky is the limit.

Good luck with your rebuild.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:14 PM   #12

WOW mag Wheels thats a awsome idea ty today was my 1st day off of school to work on it all i did today was replace the running lights and re glue the fake wood inside ( like to cover the spaces between where the insulation was cut) cocking doesnt stick to well to it haha. ill keep u updated on my progress and try to get pic as i go along but im on dial up so it takes a while to load them to the site haha ttyl
Old 02-16-2006, 04:31 AM   #13

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Ohio

Click image for larger version

Name:	452204052ZXwrIv_ph.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1308
The trailer with the lightning bolts is called "lightningBug". I can't seem to find who it belongs to at the moment but I have the pictures. The file is rather large, !.35MB. If you or anybody else can't find them I will slowly e-mail them to you. It truly is nice.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:11 AM   #14
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
ill keep u updated on my progress and try to get pic as i go along but im on dial up so it takes a while to load them to the site haha ttyl
[b]Carson, If you downsize your pics before you upload them, it really isn't that bad, even with dial up. Remember, for display on a monitor, the resolution only needs to be 72 dpi; pics come out of the camera at 300 dpi or more to make a nice print; all that extra data is unnecessary on a monitor, and in fact makes the pics too big to display without scrolling the screen up and down and side to side. We suggest pic files of less than 80k, with 500 being the maximum number of pixels on the longest dimension. Set the compression in a mid-range, and 80k or smaller file size is easily achieved, with great looking results on the website! For more info on preparing images for uploading to FiberglassRV.com, look at our website tutorials ... that is, of course, if you don't already know how to do it.

Mary F is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler