Boler Frame - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2007, 07:14 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler
Hello,

Has anyone here fabricated a new 13ft Boler frame? I'm considering having my rebuilt in the next couple of weeks, and I'm wonder where exactly the body is bolted to the frame. I found screws on each corner of the Boler (under the seats). Is that all there is?

Cheers,

Rob
RobJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:20 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I removed my body from frame and if memory is intact i think i had about 4 or 5 bolts/screws on each side of boler along the frame.Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
A rodder buddy in Langley (car person) rebuilt his Boler, (lengthened it also) to better pack some of the stuff they tote around with them. I have had my bolts on my Trillium replaced by Reace at Escape but I was not privy to the # of bolts they found/replaced.
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:54 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Any one that I have read about having an "out of body experience" with a Boler always talks about one fastener hiding under the fridge/sink cabinet
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:41 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler 1975 13 ft
Quote:
Hi: Any one that I have read about having an "out of body experience" with a Boler always talks about one fastener hiding under the fridge/sink cabinet
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
yes I had one under the fridge along with a couple more under the sink cabinet and one in the middle of the floor to the support.

also - one rivet under one of the wooden pieces used to make the back seats

lifted the body slowly and kept looking for where it was stuck....

finally did pop off....
Roy Massen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 08:58 PM   #6

Trailer: 1976 Boler 13 ft
I recently got a 1976 13' Boler. Since I 've had it, I have been striping out the inside to expose all of the screws and bolts that hold the fiberglass shell to the frame. There were a total of 4 bolts (one at each corner) and 22 screws. The ones to look out for that are well hid are the 2 that are in the closet area. They are hidding under wood strips on the floor of the closet. I finnaly got them all out and lifted the shell off the frame last weekend.
Clyde Rohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #7

Trailer: Surfside TM14 1978
I put my rig up on blocks so I could crawl under to find the nuts in the frame, that led me to the bolts in the body. 6 carriage bolts. I had to remove the front gaucho, kitchen, and rear dinette to get to them. Two came undone with brute force and WD40, two broke off, and I had to drill a hole through the center of two heads and drive the remains through with a punch. Watch for (and afterwards replace) a ground wire going from the coach's electrical system to the frame.
Adam
adamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler