Boler front door security - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Hey Bonnie and Claude!

Hate to tell you this but on the other side of the door there are 2 nuts exposed that when taken off defeat all the hardware inside.

Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #16
Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Thanks, Roy. Imagine there isn't really a good solution when we choose to dwell in little vintage travel trailers.

Bonnie and Claude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:04 AM   #17
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Originally Posted by brownrecluse View Post
Roy, once again, I stated that I will have some important stuff inside.Please don't answer if you don't have a product suggestion or actually metal work kind of idea. Please don't tell me I should weed out stuff, or not worry about it. In my case, I must.
Thank you ahead of time for anybody who gets what I'm tryng to do.
LOL it looks to me that all those who have responded do get what your trying to do.

As has been correctly pointed out you can put all the additional locks you want on the door but as long as the hinges are on the outside the door can very easily be taken off. The only way to totally secure the door is to either replace the lock and make the door hinge bolts none removable and hope you never need to fix them ( warning they are a common item that needs fixing) or put big bars one near the top and one near the bottom across the door -with all the bolts holding the bar mechanism on the inside. Not pretty. Even if you do that there is no guarantee someone cant get one of your windows open pretty easy if they really want to due to the simple locks on them.

Another option which was also suggested is to add an alarm system to the trailer but if you do be warned if you plan on doing any dry camping it will suck the life out of your battery. Also if you camp in remote areas where no one else is around when your away and the alarm goes off its not going to stop someone from entering the trailer.

Keep in mind that most who have responded to our question get it - most of us also have stuff thats important to us as well but putting the real important stuff into the truck of a car that has an alarm system has proven through the many years of collective camping experience to be the most aesthetically, cost effective and practical option.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #18
Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Originally Posted by Bonnie and Claude View Post
On 02-27-2012 Norm (honda03842) submitted a post "Handle and Deadbolt" You may want to contact Norma and find out more about it.
My apologies...typo...meant 'contact Norm'

Bonnie and Claude is offline   Reply With Quote