Boler Furnace - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-10-2007, 01:51 PM   #15
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Yes Pete when we had the new trailer fabricated we went to a trailing axel with a 10 degree drop. We moved the axel forward in order to make it a trialing axel. The frame is all new fabrication as we scrapped the old one.
OK, that explains it -- I was pretty sure all the older Boler/Casita/Scamps had leading axles as original equipment.

Here's a Boler seen in 2002 on Vancouver Island.
Attached Thumbnails

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:20 PM   #16
Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
...I was pretty sure all the older Boler/Casita/Scamps had leading axles as original equipment.
And Trilliums, too, I think. Basically, the designs which had a step up in the rear frame ran the axle cross member under the step, to get the lowest floor height possible. No one seems to care about being that low anymore.

1979 Boler B1700RGH, pulled by 2004 Toyota Sienna LE 2WD
Information is good. Lack of information is not so good, but misinformation is much worse. Check facts, and apply common sense liberally.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 07:38 PM   #17
Trailer: Star Stream 19ft Aluminum
Darren, you and I seem to be doing a lot of the same stuff and live pretty darned close too. I too want to get rid of the propane on the inside and go electric and have even been pondering solar. Are you planning on a baseboard style heater to provide more space in the cabinet, or some other option?

The thing is for us is that we're not actually planning to heat the Boler with the solar ... consider this ....

Since we generally eat outside (and sometimes cook over the fire), and don't really sit around in the Boler during the day, we don't really need to heat the Boler. Nights are the coldest of course early and late season. So we have a nice 12V electric blanket (Canadian Tire) to heat the bed at night .... and that's it! If we really need heat, we have a Coleman 'BlackCat' flameless catalytic heater that we can use, but to be honest we rarely need to.

So, Solar will power our basic appliances and the blanket - no need for the propane heater

By the way, give me a shout once you get the Boler, I'd love to swing by and check it out. Having recently renovated, perhaps we can give you a few tips too?

Darren C is offline   Reply With Quote

boler, furnace