boler lighting upgrades - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2017, 03:53 PM   #1

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
boler lighting upgrades

just a few picts of some lights I upgraded. I removed the 2 factory interior 12 volt lights and replaced them with these LED lights, each light has 10 small LED's also added 1 above the sink and on the end of the cupboard. each light has its own off/on switch. I also added a 12 volt USB power point to charge phone and I bought a small 6 inch 12 volt fan. Added a LED high mount Brake light and added these small LED lights in the original light fixtures for running lights. Just not ready to replace the complete factory rear lights yet
Jan
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0588.jpg   IMG_0590.jpg  

IMG_0591.jpg   IMG_0592.jpg  

Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:32 PM   #2

Name: KAY
Trailer: SCAMP
Missouri
Registry
I like that brake light!

How did you run your wiring for the BRAKE LIGHT addition? Did you take any pictures?

That would be a great location to add a backup camera too!
likeair2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #3

British Columbia
I just drilled down through the floor near the original light, added a rubber grommet in the body below the spare tire mount on the bumper and ran the wires. Only downside at least with my boler is that since the brake/signal is on the same circut the signal flashes on the new light. perhaps over the winter I will rewire everything for 7 pin, and also add LED back up lights
Jan
Old 06-25-2017, 01:56 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
You can get led bulbs to replace the bulbs in your twilight.then you keep the original look but get the positives of leds. I have had good luck with M4 products. Their prices are a little higher but so is the quality.
squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:34 PM   #5

British Columbia
hi Bob, I was looking at some truckers LED combo lights for the big rear lights. I am pretty sure if I remove the original bulb holders these lights would fit inside the original housing then put back the original lens on. On the side lights I would probably add 1 of the small LED to the inside of the original fixture. Our local RV dealer looks to sell a light that is identicle to the original boler side lights. I want to add 1 each side near the wheel wheel to use as signal lights
Jan
Old 06-26-2017, 08:31 AM   #6

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Boler 1700
Saskatchewan
Registry
Boler 1700 led Upgrade

I replaced all of my interior lights, clearance lights and tail lights with led. They work great. The tail lights are easily 3 times brighter than the stock Boler tail lights. Bonus - got to keep the original interior fixtures and tail lights.

Added bonus is that these led panels are very economical when purchased on Ebay.

Make sure you get some good quality 2 sided tape to secure the panels into the interior fixtures.
Attached Thumbnails
clearance leds20170625.jpg   tail light led 20170626.jpg  

interior led 20170626.jpg  
denniseberle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, light, boler