Boler Mods. - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #43

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
Con, have you considered a color tinted spray on truck bed liner such as a Linex? ...Benny

Old 01-10-2006, 11:07 PM   #44
Con

Name: Con
Trailer: 1977 Boler 1300/2003 17' Bigfoot
British Columbia
No I hadn't Benny, but I will certainly do some research into it.
Thanks for the tip.

Old 01-10-2006, 11:40 PM   #45
Con

British Columbia
Benny, Here is what I have found so far under Linex and Rhino Coat. Both are available in colors. The specs look good for both products. I will do some more research.

http://www.rhinoliningsaz.com/Rhino_Lining...plications.html
http://www.innernet.net/rhinoscpa/page3.html
http://www.rhinolinings.com/RL/main/protec...colorpicker.jsp
http://www.line-x.ca/linex/loc1.htm
Old 01-11-2006, 12:03 AM   #46

Name: Ches
Trailer: 1992 Kustom Koach 17 FT
British Columbia
I tried that spray on bed liner stuff from Canadian Tire.You better know what your doing.All I had was a big mess and had to scrape it off.I would go to a pro to have it put on.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:34 PM   #47
Con

British Columbia
Good point Chester. I would have do that in any event for that product as you need the right equipmnet and it is quit toxic.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:25 PM   #48

Trailer: 2005 Escape B
Our Escape had, as an option, 2 foam-backed vinyl pads that snap onto the front lower corners w/ 6 snaps each. Protects while you drive and then unsnaps and goes to storage very easily.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:50 PM   #49
Con

British Columbia
How about some pictures Andy?
Old 01-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #50

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Hi Con,
I've come to know a handfull of hot rodders up your way but THATS another subject. The snap tab idea works REAL well but I do not use it. I have had the same texture stuff on the front of our Trillium that is on most rocker panels of newer cars/trucks and painted the whole trailer "In Your Face White"!!
Many rodders down here use the snap tab idea usually with a KQQL color matched "hot tub cover" fabric. Easy to remove when not needed. You might try some industrial strength "velcro" instead of the tabs
Old 01-16-2006, 10:41 PM   #51
Con

British Columbia
Ok Doug, I have been thru almost every little town in B.C. including Horsefly, but you have got me fooled. Where the heck is Iron Mountain?. I know quite a few of the hot rodders here. One of my nieghbours is Vic Nordie who is well known for his air brush murals, pin stripping and candy paint jobs and building street rods. I have helped him on numerous occasions on show cars etc.
He did our 74 Ranchero in Candy Tangerine.
Anyhow! I think I know the product you are talking about. Another good idea.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #52

Registry
Iron Mountain; as in Iron Mountain Golf n Country Club, aka Eighteen Pastures is almost in my back yard. Eastern edge of Maple Ridge at the border with Mission, just off of Dewdney Trunk Road.

In all, including our two rides there are no fewer than 10 rods, customs and/or classic cars in a two square block area around me here on da hill. Although there is only one other 13ft Trillium in our neighbourhood, the Trailer Goddess and myself are the only ones that have yielded to the desire to own/keep and foster a Glass Egg the way one should be cared for. Any chance we could talk ya into coming on down to Ft. Langley for the May long weekend to partake in our groups Get Together? There's almost always a handfull of Gear Heads there and this spring event I have asked members of Mission Klassics car club to attend instead of the long trip (quite often in the SNOW) to the Blossom Run. Klassics members have about 15 Glass Eggs in their rouster of T/trailers, MANY colour matched or at least done with a theme of some sort.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #53
Con

British Columbia
Well that is very interesting Doug. My wife is from Maple Ridge, lived a block from the Hammond Ceder Mill.
The May long weekend sounds like that could be a blast. We have had our ex-llama farm up for sale for 3 years and only a couple of real insulting offers. Because of that we have not been straying too far.
I had thoughts of going out to Sask. for the Bolerama last summer but that didn't pan out.
Keep me posted on the gathering and I will see if I can fit it in.
Thanks
Old 01-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #54

Registry
Con, can ya get someone to llama-sit for a long weekend? We are going to get there the Friday of the event just after noon and because I need to work that Monday early a.m, we will leave there Sunday night after supper. We live only a coupla kilo's north east of there!
Old 01-29-2006, 12:44 PM   #55

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft
I would like the source for the stainless steel clamp/fastner for securing the front gravel shield. I would like to replace all my rusty hardware with stainless steel.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:49 PM   #56
Con

British Columbia
Any Marine supply should have them. They can range in price from about $8 each for pressed SS snaps up to about $65 each for cast and polished SS. I bought the pressed SS and gave them a quick polish on my buffer. The hanger clips I had to fabricate from 1/16"sheet SS as there was nothing available.

They made a great difference in appearence and will never rust.
Most of the stuff I have hunted for in the RV suppliers is junk. Poorly made, and I know in a matter of time I would be replacing stuff again. The actual cost difference was very little.

We have a little hole-in-the wall marine store here called Marine Plus and he has been a tremendous source of SS, weather stripping, bonding agents etc.

Hope that helps

Tags
boler