Old 05-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederick L. Simson View Post
I think the hardest part would be to match the curve across the back of the trailer in the folding or sliding part.
I agree that the hardest part of a sliding futon style would be the curved base and back needed.

I am completely changing the interior floor plan of my Boler. Larger kitchen and true double size (54") bed. A warning that it is a tremendous amount of work, if you have removed the closet and kitchen support to the upper cupboards you will need to build some manner of wall and roof supports as structural members.

Here is an diagram of my floor plan, the build is well underway with the plan to take it for its maiden voyage in early June.

Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
I'm sure the layout is more functional for you. But, I have to ask... are there any internal supports from floor to ceiling? These molded trailers are like a balloon and require support, usually at the door and across from the door.. as in a floor to ceiling cabinet. Without supporting the roof eventually the sides start to bulge out and the door becomes illfitting. And then...

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm sure the layout is more functional for you. But, I have to ask... are there any internal supports from floor to ceiling? These molded trailers are like a balloon and require support, usually at the door and across from the door.. as in a floor to ceiling cabinet. Without supporting the roof eventually the sides start to bulge out and the door becomes illfitting. And then...
Hi Donna, if this is referencing my post yes there are 4 wall to ceiling supports in my design. One on each side of the door and one one each side mid-cabin. The design of my supports are a curved lamination so they hug the walls only sticking out 1 1/2" they follow the wall and into the ceiling area the same distance as the factory supports. They are epoxy bonded directly to the fiberglass shell their entire length which makes them considerably stronger than the factory supports and there are no stress points at the pop rivets where cracking often occures.
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:52 PM   #18

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Cool beans Ian!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Name: Robert
Trailer: Nest Caravans
Oregon
Registry
My 1971 Boler restoration featured a galley in front and a 54" bed in back...
Attached Thumbnails
GalleyEntry.jpg   Bed4.jpg  

Bench.jpg   RearCabin.jpg  

Tags
boler