Boler Tire Rack - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #1

Name: Warren
Trailer: 1979 17' Boler
British Columbia
Boler Tire Rack

I have been refinishing the hitch and bumper of my 17' Boler, and before replacing the tire rack am wondering why I don't just cut it down to size.

Based on the presence of a (crusty-rusty) bolt through the side of the pipe, I imagine that once upon a time this held something upright, but cannot imagine what it might have been.

Before it feels the tender mercies of the sawzall, can anyone tell me if there was an original function to this pipe extension?
Attached Thumbnails
Boler Tire Rack.jpg  
Warren Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Wilson View Post
I have been refinishing the hitch and bumper of my 17' Boler, and before replacing the tire rack am wondering why I don't just cut it down to size.

Based on the presence of a (crusty-rusty) bolt through the side of the pipe, I imagine that once upon a time this held something upright, but cannot imagine what it might have been.

Before it feels the tender mercies of the sawzall, can anyone tell me if there was an original function to this pipe extension?
not sure if it's original equipment but it sure looks like a spare tire rack. and the upper section looks like it held a television or similar antenna or maybe a flag pole etc. If you decide to cut it shorter don't cut it any shorter than the height of the mounted tire as it needs that for stability in the backside when tightening the bolts
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
The pipe attached to the tire rack looks like it could have been used for aTV or short wave antenna. I would use it to add a clothes dryer pole.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler