Boler Voyageur 1300 Reno - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-26-2018, 08:09 PM   #127

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
Last summer we took the Boler out to Vancouver Island and up to the Yukon, even popped into Alaska. It was an amazing trip, we went close to 20,000km in July and August and while we didn't tow the Boler up the Dempster highway we did manage to drive to Inuvik and then fly to Tuktoyaktuk. I thought I would post a few of my favourite glamour shots. The last one was taken on our drive home through Northern B.C. - Glad I was keeping my eyes on the road!
Jay

Thank you for your awesome post, made me a little home sick for the Yukon. We picked up a little 13" boler I am doing up, not a full restore but close. I loved reading all you did to restore yours, and the wonderful memories you have made.

Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #128

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Nancy!
Thanks for your kind words. We love our Boler and sure have had and continue to have great times with it.

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #129

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 1975 13' Boler
British Columbia
Good morning Jay,
I'm just working my way through your thread...awesome job!! I will be replacing my "belly band" trim piece in the next while. Could you tell me where you got yours and how did you attach it?....rivets again.
Thanks!
Shanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:16 PM   #130

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
Hi Shanos,
The thread is not as detailed or straightforward in some areas, sorry. In my defense, I was working on the trailer daily for a couple of months and I must confess I didn't post as regularly as I meant to. The day after I finished the trailer we headed out on a long trip. Hope you can make heads or tails out of my posts.
As for the Belly band, I just bought 3/4"x3/4" bright aluminum channel in 8 foot lengths from Home Depot. I bought 5 but it only takes 4 to wrap around the Boler. The 5th one was my practice piece. If I hadn't been feeling pressure to be done I might have had fewer ripples.
And yes I simply riveted it onto the fiberglass lip.
Jay
Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #131

Name: Shannon
Trailer: 1975 13' Boler
British Columbia
Thanks Jay! I will hopefully have the luxury of not being rushed! And good plan to have a practice piece...I've never bent metal before.

Shanos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, boler reno, boler trailer, interior, little red trailer, red boler, remodel, restorations, scamp