Name: Rick
Trailer: TBA
Wisconsin
Beautiful, very well done.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #30

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
here are a couple more pictures of the interior.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6456b.jpg   _MG_6457b.jpg  

_MG_6472.jpg  

Old 06-25-2015, 07:46 PM   #31

Ontario
We had a little fun with the embellishments to teh cabinetry and the back splash. Being as the Boler has such a strong Canadian heritage we wanted to work with that. We picked a vintage Canadian Red (I have some white decals I am waiting on) and the interior is trimmed in Maple. If you look closely at the kitchen cabinets you will see I designed and burned a maple leaf into the corners.
Rita had a great idea for the back splash (a nod to "Life is Good") so I reworked a design and added our own Boler into the drawing.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6462.jpg   _MG_6460.jpg  

_MG_6475.jpg  
Old 06-25-2015, 07:55 PM   #32

Ontario
One of my favourite finds was the kitchen faucet. I was scouring the aisles at the local Habitat for Humanity Re-Store and found the perfect faucet for $10. I put a little elbow grease and good old tinfoil into the original 2 burner stove top and it turned out very nice. I used some stove polish (from my woodstove) for the black pot supports.
The vent hood is actually a re-purposed galvanized serving tray painted white. I was planning on adding a vent fan but I couldn't source an outside vent hatch that I liked, I will just have to keep looking.
I hope you like the pics and again, Thanks for all of the advice.
Jay
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6473.jpg  
Old 06-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #33

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Beautiful, very well done.
Thanks Rick!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:28 PM   #34

Ontario
looks like I missed the photo of the closet. No moths in here!
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6463b.jpg  
Old 06-25-2015, 11:34 PM   #35

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Very nice, job well done Jay.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #36

Ontario
Thanks John, I appreciate that. You will get there too!
Old 06-26-2015, 09:54 PM   #37

Ontario
Well, I thought I was done but that doesn't explain why I put in a 14 hour day working on all the little stuff today! fixed up my fridge door - i had the little locking clip replaced when I had the thermostat replaced a couple of weeks ago and I managed to break the pin off the door clip while I was putting the wood insert in. I finally inserted a piece of flat stock aluminum under the door frame, drilled a hole in it and riveted the door clip back on.
There were two real high points in the day though. First, I made a Belly Band. my poor Boler came with the same black vinyl trim that is around my kitchen cabinets on the outside as the belly band. I don't know if anyone else has this or if mine was special, I have not seen any pictures of a belly band like mine. All that being said, I really wanted an aluminum belly band like everyone else. I looked at getting one from Scamp. I even tried calling, that was frustrating. I just couldnot justify the cost with shipping to Canada. I found a supplier of 5/8 x 5/8 aluminum channel in Toronto, but I couldn't figure out how to drive 2 16 foot pieces home an hour and a half on the highway with my GMC Canyon -it's only 17 feet long. I tried all kinds of metal suppliers but they all told me it was a specialized extrusion die and they didn't have access to it. To my utter astonishment I found the exact same 5/8 "c" channel in Home Depot of all places, albeit in 8 ft lengths. I bought one, tried it out at home (if you look closely at my pics of the exterior you might notice that there is only a section of belly band on the front by the door) and we were happy with the result. Today I spent a good 5 hours bending "c" channel and this evening my daughter and I installed the new belly band. Boy, what a moment , it looks gorgeous! I will have to post photos tomorrow, It was dark by the time we finished.
The second highlight was that my friend Jeff showed up unexpectedly with the decal I had designed for the exterior! So once the belly band was on I applied the vinyl. It's all coming together folks. And just in time too, gotta start packing tomorrow, hope to be on the road by sunday morning.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #38

Name: Doug
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1973
British Columbia
Registry
Jay
Very nice work!
What exactly did you do with tinfoil on the stovetop? It looks great.
Doug

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Doug L
Old 06-27-2015, 06:56 AM   #39

Ontario
Thanks Doug. If there is some surface rust on any chromed surface you can do a pretty good restore by balling up some tinfoil and polishing the chrome. Sometimes I add a little water to lubricate. My Dad bought me a used bicycle when I was about 8 and taught me that trick. The tinfoil wont scratch the chrome, the rust will come off and if there is pitting the tinfoil will shine the marks up.
Jay
Old 06-27-2015, 11:56 AM   #40

Ontario
Alright, here are a few more pictures. I made a jig to bend the aluminum "C" channel, I used some small clamps to slowly bend the aluminum to shape. It took a while and I had to go slow so that the crimping would not be excessive.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6479b.jpg   _MG_6480b.jpg  

Old 06-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #41

Ontario
Here is the finished Belly Band. It is raining like crazy today so had to take the pic in the garage.
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6487b.jpg  
Old 06-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #42

Ontario
Here is the decal I made for our Boler. We thought this phrase from the National Anthem really reflected our view of our amazing country. The little maple leafs are the same ones from the cabinetry.
I picked the font and sent the text off to a friend who has a vinyl sign cutter, I cut the leaves by hand. I hope it gets some attention during our travels!
Jay
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_6489b.jpg  

Tags
boler, boler reno, boler trailer, interior, little red trailer, red boler, remodel, restorations, scamp