Bonair Oxygen Interior Refresh - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-12-2016, 12:30 AM   #15
Junior Member
 
Name: Darlene
Trailer: Bonair Oxgyen
British Columbia
Posts: 5
Looks great! The fresh new fabric colour inspires me to replace the exact same fabric in our trailer.

How did you construct the table leg (looks interesting).

We are mulling over whether to try to add a "hatch" to the rear of the trailer (similar to boat hatches), to allow access to the under bed storage, which can be difficult to access.
__________________

__________________
Datkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:16 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,398
Registry
Try a boat yard for fiberglass repair and painting.
__________________

__________________
Jim
Never in doubt, often wrong
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
John in Michigan's Avatar
 
Name: John
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Michigan
Posts: 542
Registry
For gelcoat repair and painting, check with Paul Neumeister (A1 Auto Refinishing) in Sebringville, Ont. He has a Boler 1650 (!) and has substantial experience with FGRV body and mechanical work. I highly recommend him for this type of work.
__________________
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Name: k
Trailer: currently shopping
Manitoba
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjed View Post
Hello,

I bought a Bonair Oxygen trailer 2 years ago and have been making modifications. The interior work is pretty close to complete. I have some before and after photos (on my OneDrive) and thought maybe these may help inspire someone with their own renovations - as I was inspired by some photos someone shared with me.







More photos available at:
http://1drv.ms/1iOhwV6

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer.
wow, amazing
__________________
lawkmlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:03 AM   #19
Member
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Posts: 40
Registry
The table leg is called a "Springfield gas powered table pedestal." It's available from shop4seats.com. It's a little pricey but seems to be good quality. Direct link: Springfield Gas Powered Table Pedestal - Dinette Hardware - Dinettes - RV FURNITURE
Springfield Gas Powered Table Pedestal
Springfield Gas Powered Table Pedestal
__________________
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #20
Member
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Posts: 40
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Michigan View Post
For gelcoat repair and painting, check with Paul Neumeister (A1 Auto Refinishing) in Sebringville, Ont. He has a Boler 1650 (!) and has substantial experience with FGRV body and mechanical work. I highly recommend him for this type of work.
Thanks very much John. That's not too far away from me.
__________________
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:16 AM   #21
Member
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Posts: 40
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vann in NS View Post
Nice job on the interior.. looks like a labour of love.

Not sure what you mean by "Clear coat". I'm guessing it's some type of protective film. I have an O2 and the outside finish is white gel coat. If you could post some pics it may give a better idea of the problem. Also if you plan to pull the frame for refinishing. I can give you some suggestions.
Hello Rob,

Sorry for the late reply. Here is a link to the picture that shows the problem. The (dirty) rain water is working it's way under the clear coat and over the gelcoat.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/m...cture9755.html
__________________
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:30 AM   #22
Member
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Posts: 40
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datkinson View Post
Looks great! The fresh new fabric colour inspires me to replace the exact same fabric in our trailer.

How did you construct the table leg (looks interesting).

We are mulling over whether to try to add a "hatch" to the rear of the trailer (similar to boat hatches), to allow access to the under bed storage, which can be difficult to access.
I thought about doing the same thing - adding an outside access hatch. I'm a little intimidated about altering the outside structure. I'd have to ensure it's weather proofed. Adding outside access does introduce a small risk with regard to theft. Instead I changed the rear bed cushion to two cushions split down the middle. This allows me to lift one cushion and place it on the other cushion out of the way while I access the lifting cover. Then I took the larger right-hand opening cover and split that into two separate opening covers - one over the hot water tank, pump and water tank and the other over the rear-most storage area. I reinforced the area under and between the two covers with a separating wall that allows me to kneel on the cover and have it securely hold my weight. Consequently, I have two smaller hatches I can kneel on and lift separately. This allows a little easier access to the one side. Hmm. Perhaps a photo would be easier...
__________________
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:29 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Name: Martin
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Quebec
Posts: 2
Nice job on the interior ;-)
Are you interested in selling ... I am willing to pay a really good price.
please contact me: martindiamond24@gmail.com
514-892-7912
__________________
mdiamond24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:49 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Name: Antonius
Trailer: in the market
Quebec
Posts: 15
Just found one after 2 years search !

Greetings Paul!

I really love the way you refreshed this rare egg...

Bought one yesterday, color is grey and it is in really great condition. Previous owner took great care of his well pampered baby.

For now, I will check in depth what is working or not, tires and brakes will be changed this week before I pick it up. Next step is to add a shower drain to transform it into a wet toilet, seems to be a not too complicated task.

Seller had all the original paperwork including original brochure, if interested I will send you pdf copies... And to all Bonair oxygen owners on request.








Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjed View Post
Hello,

I bought a Bonair Oxygen trailer 2 years ago and have been making modifications. The interior work is pretty close to complete. I have some before and after photos (on my OneDrive) and thought maybe these may help inspire someone with their own renovations - as I was inspired by some photos someone shared with me.







More photos available at:
http://1drv.ms/1iOhwV6

If anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer.
Attached Thumbnails
080.jpg   057.jpg  

073.jpg   077.jpg  

__________________
antonius R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:59 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Borrego Dave's Avatar
 
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
California
Posts: 2,925
Welcome to FGRV Antonius. That's an interesting mounting for the awning.
__________________
Borrego Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Name: Antonius
Trailer: in the market
Quebec
Posts: 15
This awning is not factory original, it was an add-on by the previous owner, I don't know yet if it works or may be replaced. I just wanted the ''egg''. An ecological ultra-light camper, no need to pull it with a monster pick-up... Well some Canadians think small is beautiful! Don't get me wrong, I can afford a 35' fifth wheel but we like it this way. An egg that will last longer than us... Cheers from Montreal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borrego Dave View Post
Welcome to FGRV Antonius. That's an interesting mounting for the awning.
__________________
antonius R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 08:33 AM   #27
Member
 
Name: Paul
Trailer: Bonair
Ontario
Posts: 40
Registry
Congratulations on your new purchase Antonius. Looks great. Hope you have many happy adventures with it.

In addition to the tires and brakes, I recommend that you look at the battery and the power converter. The original power converter (MagneTek Power Converter 6325) is an old and poor design. It killed my new battery in 1 year due to its inability to shut off once the battery is charged.

There is a direct replacement available at:
4600 series Upgrade Kits

Installation is not too complicated.
__________________
grimjed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Name: Antonius
Trailer: in the market
Quebec
Posts: 15
Bonair oxygen upgrades

Hi Grimjed,
Many thanks for the infos! I will certainly take a look to the power converter.... How much cost the replacement you suggest? I will also install a shower and drain (fortunately toilet has a door, not a curtain). Did you installed a shower on yours? Was it easy?
Also, I've read that I should bring it to a boat specialist to renew the Gelcoat because it seems that car wax is not recommended... Any advice?
My wife has been very inspired by the decoration in yours, if you don't mind we may copy some of your ideas...:-)
By the way, Your wood counter is truly beautiful, indeed...
Once I pick it up next friday, I can send you a PDF of the brochure and other paperwork should you need them.

Cheers from Montreal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimjed View Post
Congratulations on your new purchase Antonius. Looks great. Hope you have many happy adventures with it.

In addition to the tires and brakes, I recommend that you look at the battery and the power converter. The original power converter (MagneTek Power Converter 6325) is an old and poor design. It killed my new battery in 1 year due to its inability to shut off once the battery is charged.

There is a direct replacement available at:
4600 series Upgrade Kits

Installation is not too complicated.
__________________

__________________
antonius R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oxygen


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shower for Bonair Oxygen Legacy Posts Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures 21 09-03-2017 09:07 PM
Just purchased '02 Bonair Oxygen Trevor and Tracy General Chat 47 07-19-2007 09:55 AM
Interior refresh Kenny&Jackie Modifications, Alterations and Updates 6 07-08-2007 08:55 PM
oxygen by bonair Legacy Posts Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 29 12-26-2002 11:44 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.