boring...tv mount, stove hood out - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #1

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
boring...tv mount, stove hood out

TV mount is in, i hope it works ok, feels very sturdy and looks nice. It covered holes that were there before and that was the main goal. I hope it warms up so we can actually put the tv in there. The stove hood fan and light didn't work so we pulled that out and replaced it with a vent. Some day we may put in a fan to exaust the fumes if nessisary.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0122.jpg   100_0123.jpg  

100_0124.jpg  
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Where did you buy the mount from?
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nice job, you may want to flip that vent cover so that the fins point down and less of a view of the exterior. Look at the little side vent in the picture to see which way it is orientated. In addition you can still get benefit and operate the outside opening, the vent will just be a passive one.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #4

Iowa
amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
Where did you buy the mount from?
Eddie
Look on Amazon, Ed Harris sent me a link to the exact one he had in there but it was discontinued so I found one fairly similar. It is a premier mount. And we used an extra piece of wood on the inside of the cupboard to make sure it was good and sturdy. It is a flip down. Hope you find what you are looking for. If you find it i think they had silver and black. Black one was 4 $ cheeper.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #5

Iowa
Yes, i noticed that too....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nice job, you may want to flip that vent cover so that the fins point down and less of a view of the exterior. Look at the little side vent in the picture to see which way it is orientated. In addition you can still get benefit and operate the outside opening, the vent will just be a passive one.
When i was taking a pic of it i noticed how well we can see thru to the vent. Thanks, will do!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #6

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoss View Post
TV mount is in, i hope it works ok, feels very sturdy and looks nice. It covered holes that were there before and that was the main goal. I hope it warms up so we can actually put the tv in there. The stove hood fan and light didn't work so we pulled that out and replaced it with a vent. Some day we may put in a fan to exaust the fumes if nessisary.
We don't have a cabinet or shelf to attach a TV ceiling mount to so we're thinking of using a similar TV mount turned upside down and screwed into the 'new' wood frame/topped front dinette seat as far back in the corner as we can get it. Do you think it would work?

We leave our LCD TV in our stationary Golden Falcon all winter long. Wondering why you're waiting for it to warm up? The only caveat is that we need to have the inside warmed to room temperature a few hours before we use it.
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote