Burro 13 remodel - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #1

Name: Faye
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
Oklahoma
Burro 13 remodel

I've made a start on refurbishing the Burro. The carpet is torn out (and thankfully the floor is sturdy with no discernable rot or soft spots), the table is gone, the cabinet doors are history. I can only do a little at a time since that pesky regular job eats up most of my waking hours. I've ordered the Trim-Lok stuff. I'm going to pull out the windows and put new seals all around. It was towed from Utah to Oklahoma in driving rain and found a few leaks I need to take care of. I really appreciate all the posted pics of other interiors--gives me all sorts of ideas! No doubt I will have questions as I proceed. My first real trip is scheduled for May with Sisters on the Fly to southeastern Oklahoma. I may not have the trailer completely finished, but it will certainly be liveable. Here's picture of the pile of old carpet and Josie my traveling companion watching me pull all the old stuff out of the trailer.
Attached Images

Faye J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thanks for the pictures. We're here for you Faye, when you have questions or conditions that you need answers for
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #3

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
lots of progress pics please?

ain't it somethin how working for a livin interferes with livin?<_<
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi faye! sisters on the fly sounds like a wonderful group. i have checked out their website a number of times. have a great time!!! and welcome
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Can Josie help you drive?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #6

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
Faye J and Josie,

I'm in VA with another '83 Burro. Mine had already had a frame-off rebuild when I got it to replace a totally soggy floor,and all the windows had been out and remounted. All is well except for the front window and the roof vent which are scheduled for work this Spring. My cabinet doors and the front table were usable as is, but I had to put a new piece of wood in for the larger, rear table. I lucked out and got a 1 piece mattress for the rear bed, so it will remain my bed with the front dinette doing duty for that purpose. Now for curtains, carpets, stove and fridge/ice box, and I'm on my way! I'll be watching your progress for good ideas!!

Froggie

PS You did find the complete owner's manual in the site archives here, didn't you? It is a huge help!!
Green Frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:32 PM   #7

Name: Faye
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13'
Oklahoma
Hi Charlie,

Yup, I downloaded the manual before I even bought the trailer. Plus there was another copy in the trailer, along with the original owner's manuals for the stove, heater, and refrigerator (all of which actually work). The PO had just replaced the roof vent, but I plan on putting in a Fantastic fan at some point. No plans for AC, I'd like to keep everything as light weight as possible since my tow is on the small side. My progress right now is slow; it's nonstop rain and about all I've done is throw a tarp over the top. That and make lists of what I plan to do next.

Thanks to everyone for their hellos. When I really get started I'll post pictures.
Faye J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #8

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro