Another quick update on my Burro
overhaul. Tonight I installed a new headliner and LED lighting
system. I made a quick template with Ramboard, (contractor floor protection) to check my measurements and used it as the template. the headliner material is old stock, ribbed vinyl that I mounted to Reflectix bubble insulation with contact cement and wrapped the edges over. After letting that assembly cure for a day i coated the reflectix and the fiberglass ceiling, let them dry and pressed them together. After trimming a few edges I was done.
Next I installed a 1/2" strip of warm LED lights
that i purchased from ShineOnLED.com next to the headliner. i allowed about 3/4"-7/8" from the edge of the headliner and the step in the ceiling so the lights
would sit in a natural channel, out of harms way. the LED strips come with VHB backed adhesive tape that you simply peel back and press on. I started from the front window where the power is supplied. when i reached the rear window, I cut the strip to length and it was done!
The results are pretty much exactly what i was going for: vintage details with modern technology. It's kinda like a padded disco. The LED's provide a nice, even, warm light
throughout the trailer that leaves no dark corners and is way more efficient per a lumen than most lighting
. I have one more strip that I'm going to put on the underside of the kitchen wall cabinets to illuminate the countertop.