Cabana! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Boler and 1980 Trillium 5500
I have a .pdf file of plans for this cabana - it was originally designed for teardrops but could be adapted to our eggs quite easily - Drop me an e-mail if you want me to send them to you. Merry Christmas! Alec
Attached Thumbnails
cabana_pic.JPG  
Al Stansell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:49 AM   #2

Those of you that have requested a copy of the plans need to send me your e-mail - the board doesn't supply it nor offer a reply option when you contact a poster. You can send it to me at alec@favoriteflies.com . Cheers, Alec
Old 12-22-2005, 07:20 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Al, that Cabana is really neat! I can see all sorts of uses, outdoor shower/changing/portapotty room, etc.

You're welcome to post the PDF here if you wish. Might save you lots of time sending out e-mails. If you do post it and run into any problems, let me know.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:12 PM   #4

TRhanks Donna - I tried to post the .pdf file here but it was taking waaaay too long. My dial-up connection just wasn't up to it. I am sending a copy via e-mail as we speak and it's taking forever... hmmm... time to consider broadband I guess. Merry Christmas to all!! Alec
Old 12-22-2005, 06:22 PM   #5

Two hours and it bounced back as "too large". Yikes - it's only two pages?! ! Sorry for the dissapointment - I'll have to withdraw the offer... Alec
Old 12-22-2005, 06:42 PM   #6

Trailer: 75 Boler 13 ft
Here, maybe this will help.
Attached Thumbnails
cabana1.jpg   cabana2.jpg  

Norm Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Quote:
Here, maybe this will help.
Only slightly off topic. We recently put a portable shower into our trailer and it works just fine but next summer we may add this so we can step out under our awning and shower in this handy cabana. We have been camping for more years than I care to recall. In our early day things like this were not around. Now, with a portable Coleman shower setup and this little Cabana we can heat water on the stove and shower just like being at home.
Attached Thumbnails
a_cabana.JPG  
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:53 PM   #8

Way to go Norm! Thanks! Alec
Old 12-23-2005, 09:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe / 2007 Nissan Frontier King Cab
Off topic, but I really liked your Boler page!

My wife and I also have a fiberglass canoe that will now go with us to various state and national parks as we travel about with our fiberglass trailer.

Our first canoe trip with our trailer will be in March. We're going down to Florida to float one of the huge clear spring runs that flows into Lake George. I may buy a temporary fishing license while I'm there and do some fishing, also.
BOBSMITH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #10

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Hey, Al! Love the Cabana! "Copa Cabana, hottest spot north of Havana.." That song will be in my head all day!

I'd love the plans for this! It would be perfect for my easel when I want to paint when it starts to get cooler. Right now, I park it under the canopy, but, would love the flexibility of this rig.

As I have a bad back, how heavy is this? Is it easy to make and set up? It looks as though one could put a window in by using clear plastic and a roll up flap or even with screen to allow some air movement.

This would be perfect for an outdoor shower. Love the dual purpose of it. Paint first, shower to get rid of the turps!

Ken, I think I posted alink to that a while ago. Wasn't it at Cabela's for less than $100? That's a deal, imo. If you order it, I'd love to hear how you like it. There's a Cabela's near me, I really should stop in...I just know I'd end up with tons of stuff, though!

Al, address being sent your way and thanks!!!
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 08:27 AM   #11

Gigi - Norm Roy's post above has the complete plans - cheers, Alec
Old 01-04-2006, 08:34 AM   #12

Trailer: Love Bug 1974
Quote:
Only slightly off topic. We recently put a portable shower into our trailer and it works just fine but next summer we may add this so we can step out under our awning and shower in this handy cabana. We have been camping for more years than I care to recall. In our early day things like this were not around. Now, with a portable Coleman shower setup and this little Cabana we can heat water on the stove and shower just like being at home.

Cabela link

When I look at this Cabana by Cabela, I think one could add the awning fairly easily to give you a bit of shade.

Off to Cabela soon...
Gigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #13

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Gigi, I have a current Cabela's catalogue here and that cabana lists for $99 - pretty reasonable I think. The Coleman pump system sells for around $28 - and we are using one of those now. They work real well. We added a baby bath thermometer for measuring the temp of the water so we do not get any shocks. Once you establish your comfort temperature it is easy to regulate in the large pot before showering.
Ken James is offline   Reply With Quote