Camo Accents for RV - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #1

Name: Russ
Trailer: In Market
Texas
Camo Accents for RV

Has anyone installed vinyl graphics on their RV? I am leaning towards some camo wraps like this - Camo4u Camoskinz - Premium Vinyl Camo Wraps for Trucks, Boats, ATVs, Guns, and more. The only camouflage graphic system with a lifetime warranty against fading. Camo clad your hunting vehicles. Over 30 camo designs to choose from including Realtree,
cartooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:13 PM   #2

Name: James
Trailer: Uhaul CT-13
Ohio
Registry
My brother covered his BMW with a similar material, it looks great and would make a pretty darn good protective barrier however it would be very expensive to cover a whole egg. He opted for a flat black color.
Panoz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I don't know about the camo look but I believe Linda covered her Boler with a vinyl skin rather than paint: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post212327
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:54 PM   #4

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Just thinking here If you do the "camo" wrap and then go out Boondocking in the woods .....How would you find your camper . Ok my bad....I just couldn't help myself.

I have seen a camper( not an egg) done with camo wrap...they were hunters and kept it on their land in different locations. We saw them getting gas and of course I had to ask. They said they moved it north to south depending on the season and it worked good for them.
Lynn Musgrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:12 PM   #5

Name: David
Trailer: 16 foot Scamp
Arizona
Camo is an art form these days. My truck and camper are white. I've considered doing camo on both. The problem is that you blend in the woods, but stick out like a sore thumb in town. Solid white is my urban camo . I wish I had chameleon camo. The military has it. It changes color, intensity, and even infrared signature to match it's surroundings. I think it is called Smart Camo. Ever wonder why Osama never saw them coming?
You probably woulld want it switched off in traffic
DavidSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #6

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
I think it would be hard to sell down the road.
Daniel A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:31 AM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
yeah..hard to sell id bet too unless a hunter wanted it.
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #8

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Cartoon:

I would think that you would greatly reduce the value of your trailer if you put that color on your camper. There are several camper's stories on this site of people who found camo fiberglass trailers for a bargain price, because no one would buy them. They then repainted them and either kept them or sold them for a profit.

Sorry, but that is my opinion.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 PM   #9

If the vinyl can be removed without damaging the underlying gelcoat... why not do it? IF/when it's time to sell you could peel it off and you may be back to a pristine white trailer... maybe... wonder if the vinyl would be good for protecting the front from roadrash?

Let us know what you decide and if you go for it... pictures would be great!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:11 PM   #10

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Camo would be great if you're a Prepper ( not Preppie ) waiting for SHTF.
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I so not into "camo" But I say, if it's what you think you would like to do to your trailer, then by all means go for it.

Don't worry about resale! Gotta remember, current pleasure! So if it flips your skirt to camp in camo, enjoy!

Now this comes from someone who didn't buy her dream trailer ( a Oliver) because it had a camo interior. Again, not my thing. And my time line didn't work with changing it or waiting for a new build. So I found a trailer that did work for me. But I am a firm believer in surrounding your self with things that make you happy. Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
I hate when people think, resale. We gotta remember, current pleasure! So if it flips your skirt to camp in camo, enjoy!
I'm inclined the same way Robin, but if a newbie paints their trailer some weirdo color and then needs to sell it a couple of years down the road.. and it doesn't sell or the amount it sells for is very low... well, shame on us for not mentioning it when the opportunity arose. Knowledge is power, and it allows for making informed decisions.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #13

Trailer: Play Pac
I love the skins but when I was researching them for my golf cart a few years ago I read they are only supposed to last about five years. That would suck after spending all that money. But who knows? Maybe things have changed since then. I personally do like the new camo patterns they have out now but am not a fan of the old Army BDU pattern. Now Mossy Oak or Realtree is awfully pretty.
Camilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #14

Trailer: 1980 Dolphin 14 ft
Registry
Some of us confuse a quality Realtree camo skin with an amature application of combination of dull primers and flat finish paints. I have seen both treatments applied to campers in years past, and there is a big difference in the finished result.
Owen Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:45 PM   #15

Name: Russ
Trailer: In Market
Texas
It can be removed later on without hurting the finish or leaving residue...
cartooon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:15 PM   #16

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartooon View Post
It can be removed later on without hurting the finish or leaving residue...
Well since we addressing a thread with the most recent post being 1,622 days old.. let me add my two cents...

I have no problem adding decals or doing any other mod to my camper.. because it is in fact MINE...and I expect it will remain so forever.
Of course that might not be the case, but it is the philosophy that guides my decisions regarding work on the camper.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote