Can i get some floor pics for ideas/options please - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #21

Name: Jerry
Trailer: nil
Ontario
Is cork easy to clean and how durable with dogs ?
techdog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #22

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Carol: it's pretty easy if you have a nice chop saw to cut things precisely. If not... just a little more work with a "regular" trim saw.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Thanks Gary, I have installed wood floors at hone & have the tools, just looking at photos and asking about the ones i happen to like the trip finish on & trying to decide if I want the extra weight of the real thing ;-) I love the look but I kind of like the carpet as it feels warmer when off season camping and it doesnt allow things to slide around on the floor as everything for my trailer travels inside the trailer - including a small fire pit, tote box full of hoses and electrical cords etc. ...... decisions, decisions....
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #24

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Carpets get dirty, and carpets in a trailer can get REALLY dirty. I love being able to just damp-mop the thing and have it looking (and smelling!) as good as new. You could always get a nice rug for the trailer. Put some "grip" rubber-ish strips on the bottom and you should be fine.

As we say in Minnesota, "What a fella could do..." would be to put some hidden tie-down hooks UNDER the overhang of the cabinets. You could stretch bungee cords across them and hold pretty much anything in place.
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by techdog123 View Post
Is cork easy to clean and how durable with dogs ?
Very easy to clean. The polyurethane used (as on almost any flooring) provides easy cleanup. It is also tough as nails. Our dog (an Australian Shepherd) has not affected it in the least.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #26

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
I love the look but I kind of like the carpet as it feels warmer when off season camping and it doesnt allow things to slide around on the floor as everything for my trailer travels inside the trailer - including a small fire pit, tote box full of hoses and electrical cords etc. ...... decisions, decisions....
Carol, no matter what flooring I have ever used, I have always used appropriate sized rugs too. If you look around you can find almost any colour, and in many sizes too. Great for at the door and at the cabinets too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #27

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
I don't have any great pictures, but you can get an idea from these. I bought at Home Depot another brand that is similar to the Allure product. It was 6"x48" and it fit the 13' Scamp perfectly without having to make any butt seams at the 6" side. It looks great and has been easy to maintain so far (just 3 camping trips so far). After removing 2 layers of carpet and lots of dirt, I sanded the floors, cleaned them well filled holes, sanded the filled areas and cleaned again. I then put down a good coat of Kilz primer and then a coat of deck paint. Then layed the floors, caulked around perimeter with brown flooring caulk, and put trim at dining table rise (top and bottom), and molding by front door. The actual installation of the flooring couldn't have been easier. It cut easily and went down very easy. I'm happy with this mod.
Attached Thumbnails
P1020660.jpg   P1020634.jpg  

Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:10 PM   #28

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
I bought at Home Depot another brand that is similar to the Allure product. It was 6"x48" and it fit the 13' Scamp perfectly without having to make any butt seams at the 6" side. It looks great and has been easy to maintain so far .........
with brown flooring caulk, and put trim at dining table rise (top and bottom), and molding by front door. The actual installation of the flooring couldn't have been easier. It cut easily and went down very easy. I'm happy with this mod.
Is this a vinyl type product that overlaps and is semi-adhesive? How thick is it? No butt seams does that mean the 48" dimension made it from bed to couch?

If you don't mind what did that cost? I have sort of looked over the products but not reached the point of figuring out how many boxes to do our 13ft. And was not to keen on the thicker products due to the door seam, wanted something thin there.

Like the curtains for the under bed storage, nice touch.

It looks very nice to me
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #29

Name: Mark
Trailer: 13ft Scamp
Wisconsin
Forgot to ask how many sqft of flooring is need for the 13 ft scamp?
Mcmarkrazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #30

California
Registry
I thought that statement about the butt seam would be confusing but didn't know how to say it without a long statement. The 4' length, running from front to back, was long enough to install under the table and in the rest of the trailer using only one strip. So I didn't need to worry about staggered joints like they advise in the instructions. I did however, run it continuously into the porta-potti cabinet and about 18" additional was required there. It only took one box at $40. I bought an additional box though in case I needed it later or messed up.
If I'm still not clear let me know and I'll try to explain. They are peel and stick and none are coming up so far. However, where there are shorter pieces around the dining tables benches, I used some additional adhesive. You simply make a score line with a box cutter and then bend the tiles, and it makes a clean cut.
Re. the under bed storage bedskirt, thanks. I just attached with velcro so I can wash easily. I had left over fabric from my window shades I made. The pattern is barbed wire.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:47 PM   #31

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Is this a vinyl type product that overlaps and is semi-adhesive? How thick is it?
Forgot to address part of your questions Roger. Its peel and stick and doesn't overlap. That worried me a bit but it allows for a really tight seam. You can't even see the seems and I've tested it with pouring a little water on it. No issues there, its tight. That's why I painted the coats of deck paint though--as an added layer of protection for the subfloor.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #32

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcmarkrazz View Post
Forgot to ask how many sqft of flooring is need for the 13 ft scamp?
I believe the box was 22SF and one box did it. I think it depends on what product you end up with though. Mine was 4' long and some other types are 3' long. I recommend buying 2 boxes because I used every bit of the box and if there were any oopses, I'd have needed to cut into the extra box.