Casita Front Stabilizers - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 AM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Casita Front Stabilizers

Has anyone installed front stabilizers on a 17 ft. Casita ? What steps did you take in installing (mounting) the stabilizers? and where did you mount them in relationship to the entry step? Looking underneath the trailer the plumbing appears to limit your options for mounting. I will be installing stabilizers similar to the factory fold down rear stabilizers

Thanks
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #2

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I slide a couple of the cheap jack stands under the frame in front when I setup the Casita.
That is the extent of my installation and it takes about 5 minutes each time as I am talking to others as I do it.

It really makes a difference to me and is worth it for more than an overnight stop in my travels.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Has anyone installed front stabilizers on a 17 ft. Casita ? What steps did you take in installing (mounting) the stabilizers? and where did you mount them in relationship to the entry step? Looking underneath the trailer the plumbing appears to limit your options for mounting. I will be installing stabilizers similar to the factory fold down rear stabilizers

Thanks
Steve D
I put 4 BAL scissors jacks on my 17; don't like the rear flippers. Added benefit is now I can lift up the tire with the two BAL jacks to change a tire and don't need to worry about falling off a single jack.
Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
I thought that would be the ticket as well when I first got my Casita, I mounted the same type stab jack Casita mounted on the back. I hardly ever get to use them as in most cases you need to shovel a hole to be able to swing them down. My suggestion is to use scissor jacks as they come straight down instead of swinging out. Last year my rear stab jacks bit the dust so I bought 2 scissors jacks from wally world ($25.00 ea) and use them with a battery operated drill, at this point they are still unmounted. The Ball jacks just flat outpace my budget.
As for mounting of the front jacks, if you have the fold out step option I mounted them on the front side of the step bracket where the bracket has a 90 deg bend frontward by drilling 2 clearance holes for 1/4" bolts which has held them on for 8 years successfully. I chose this location because it was right under the weight I wanted to support which was us. love being inneggsile, Bill

Tags
casita