Casita jack relocation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #1

Name: Ryan
Trailer: Currently Shopping
South Dakota
Casita jack relocation

Hello all. If someone has done the jack relocation on a Casita moving it back can you tell me what the measurement is from center of the ball hitch to the front of the jack? I'm trying to use a Yakima Longarm for a canoe and pull my Casita. Unfortunately the Yakima hits the jack. Thanks..
8lgd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:42 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita Patriot
Registry
15.5” (+ or-) on my SD 16’er.

P@
patrick crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:53 AM   #3

South Dakota
Thanks much!! Anyone relocate the jack to the side like a bulldog style? Pros and cons?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:48 AM   #4

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
I installed a Jack-E-Up conversion kit on my nose wheel jack. My problem was not being able to drop the tailgate on my truck when I was hooked up because it would hit the jack. Now, once I have the trailer on the hitch ball, I just screw it down to take the weight off the jack and release it from the mount with a 1/3rd twist. I stow it in the bed of the truck until I get to where I want to park the trailer. Just reinstall it and run it up to get the trailer off the ball.

https://littlehousecustoms.com/store.html#gen

(And here's the write-up from the Little House Customs site on this unit.)

JACK-E-UP
NEW IMPROVED CASITA VERSION AVAILABLE ONLY FROM LHC
This amazing new jack aid is a really cool solution to those of you with late model tow vehicles. Yep, the tail gate hits the tongue jack and that's a problem. You could use a longer stinger as long as you have 30% of your towing capacity to give up, but for the rest of us, this solves the problem. After you spend 5 minutes installing this, you simply hitch up, raise your jack a couple of turns off the ground, turn your jack 1/3 of a turn by hand and pull it out! Stow it in the back of your truck. (remember you can lay your tail gate down now!)

Or stow it in the now available Jack-E-Hand. The Hand attaches to your coupler under the Jack-E-Up and gives you a convenient place to stow your jack. It includes a locking pin as well and as an added bonus; the Hand doubles as a flag pole holder for many brands of telescoping flag poles. Inside diameter of the hand is 2 1/16.

We've tested this product and really like the safety and ease of use. We've added a bottom stabilizer bracket that bolts to the existing bracket to take much of the play out of your factory jack. This improvement really makes it stable.

For a better understanding of how it works, visit jack-e-up.com and watch the three minute video.

This is NOT a solution for those with electric jacks. For those of you with the Barker or other brands of electric jack, see perfectcasita.com for their Jack Relocation Bracket.

Jack-E-UP $61.95 Add to Cart
Jack-E-Hand $41.95 Add to Cart
BUY THE PAIR AND SAVE! $99.95 Add to Cart

And here's a few pics of my trailer with it installed.
Attached Thumbnails
Jack-E-Up LandingWheel.JPG   Jack-E-UpGusset.JPG  

Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:40 PM   #5

South Dakota
That's a great idea unfortunately I would have to take off my Yakima rack every time I wanted to put the jack In. here's a picture of my hitch would a relocation plate even work with this hitch configuration. It has those angle pieces that go down not sure if it would work or does the bracket fit in their?
Attached Thumbnails
20190517_131957.jpg  
Old 05-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #6

South Dakota
Does anyone other than orbital machine works carry this part? I ordered one bit they may possibly be 3 months out.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:36 PM   #7

Name: J
Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lgd View Post
Does anyone other than orbital machine works carry this part? I ordered one bit they may possibly be 3 months out.
Nope.
WizWid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #8

Name: Gary
Trailer: Scamp
Mass
Be careful with that jack Eugene!

FWIW I replaced the jack on my Scamp, and set it too far back on the tongue, now the handle hits the propane tank when raising or lowering the camper. I can only use the handle at about 45 degrees.

A PITA that reminds me to measure twice every time I go camping.

eggscamper.blogspot.com
Garyscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 03:51 AM   #9

South Dakota
I went with a side mount that uses clamps to hold it and the crank handle is on the side so out of the way for cranking. Think they call it a marine trailer crank. Works good.
Attached Thumbnails
20190518_120358.jpg  

Tags
casita