Casita Liberty twin beds - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
Okay, I did it. I replaced my "in the way" posts with shelf brackets from Lowe's. I decided to try Velcro Industrial tape to hold the brackets on. So far this seems to have worked, although I plan to take some posts with us on the next trip "just in case".

I have three brackets on each side. The wood is also attached to the fiberglass notch with velcro, which will also help keep it in its upright and stowed position.
Attached Thumbnails
Twin_Bed_Supports_5.jpg   Bed_Extension_Bracket_1.JPG  

Bed_Extension_Bracket_2.JPG  
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #22

Trailer: Casita
Looks great, Patrick. I just got back from putting Grommit to bed for the winter. We have over 20 nights on our bed mods and nothing has shifted one bit. I think yours will be fine too. Good job.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #23

Name: Tinc
Trailer: In the market
Washington
Twin Bed Mod Brackets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick M. View Post
Okay, I did it. I replaced my "in the way" posts with shelf brackets from Lowe's. I decided to try Velcro Industrial tape to hold the brackets on. So far this seems to have worked, although I plan to take some posts with us on the next trip "just in case".

I have three brackets on each side. The wood is also attached to the fiberglass notch with velcro, which will also help keep it in its upright and stowed position.
These are same type I got from Home Depot. Matches the white base nicely. I'm using VHB tape for the brackets and the Platforms.
Tincanpuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #24

Name: Dale Haven
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Thumbs down A Reply to Keith Williams and Patrick M.

I am interested in your post about how you secured the shelf on your twin beds using the Scotch tape. Did it hold everything, or did you have to re-mod it by another method? I would like to call you if possible. Would it be possible to call you?

Patrick M. has another method that interests me, and if he reads this, I would like to see if that procedure worked for him. Perhaps he could answer as well.
DarkVulf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita