Floyd inspired my creativity to improve the comfort of my Scamp
dinette bed, but I went the cheap route.
1. Full size bed foam mattress cushioning. At Walmart around 17 bucks. Lay out on cushions, mark with sharpie and cut with scissors to fit.
2. Twin size flat sheet. Lay out over pre cut foam, pin first and then cut and sew to fit, leaving around 4 inches or so to wrap around back of foam. You must pin in gathers around rounded edges, and make pockets at long side ends of sheet ends. This is where foam will "fit into".
3. After sewing, lay foam cushion over sheet, ribbed side down. Tuck in ends of foam into premade pockets.
4. Industrial white Velcro pieces go in corners of sheet, adhering long sheet sides to bottom short ends. Do not attach to foam. Sheet only.
5. I also made a long sheet strap for the back of the cushion and velcroed that to the sheet as well to act as a sort of brace.
Hope I explained this ok! Cheap and cheerful and a great nights sleep!
Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV