Class of '72 Boler American - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-21-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Class of '72 Boler American

These are the pictures so far, before and after interior, time frame one week, not perfect also not quite finished yet but a huge improvement.
Scrubbed Ensolite with Tilex,Clorox clean up,warm soapy water and Oxy clean. Glued and seam sealed Ensolite. Two coats of Kilz, two coats of Glidden ceiling paint. Install 12volt lighting.Install floating floor. Removed and washed cushion covers then reinstalled cushion covers. Hung the curtains, Tricked out the cabinet doors(still working on the closet door). Waiting on a new 110 volt light for under cabinet. More to come.
Attached Thumbnails
011.jpg   camper 001.jpg  

010.jpg   camper 002.jpg  

012.jpg   camper 003.jpg  

009.jpg   camper 005.jpg  

__________________

__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
My wife just informed me that you have to reset the date on the camera every time you take out the batteries. Duh.
__________________

__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 01:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Vickie B.'s Avatar
 
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Posts: 1,110
Registry
Very nice! What are the cabinet doors made of?
__________________
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Very nice! What are the cabinet doors made of?
As of right now the cabinet doors are the original MDF covered with contact paper for your kitchen drawers, yeah I know but it looks cool.
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Vickie B.'s Avatar
 
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Posts: 1,110
Registry
Many of us love the idea of thinking out of the box and being clever!!!!

In fact, why didn't I think of that???? My Mom was the contact paper queen----we had contact paper kitchen counters (would you believe with a coat of polyurethane, they held up quite well!) We had floors of torn grocery sacks.

Hmmmm--I'm getting ready to tackle my interior and although I was leaning toward cutting new doors---it's hard for me to replace perfectly good ones (especially now that we got the truck and don't have to worry about every pound.)

I've also thought about using artist's canvas----they come in many sizes and I've found them cheap at Big Lots.

Decisions Decisions!

Anyhoo---good job!!!
__________________
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Many of us love the idea of thinking out of the box and being clever!!!!

In fact, why didn't I think of that???? My Mom was the contact paper queen----we had contact paper kitchen counters (would you believe with a coat of polyurethane, they held up quite well!) We had floors of torn grocery sacks.

Hmmmm--I'm getting ready to tackle my interior and although I was leaning toward cutting new doors---it's hard for me to replace perfectly good ones (especially now that we got the truck and don't have to worry about every pound.)

I've also thought about using artist's canvas----they come in many sizes and I've found them cheap at Big Lots.

Decisions Decisions!

Anyhoo---good job!!!
How about Burlap sacks? If you're into rustic.
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Vickie B.'s Avatar
 
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Posts: 1,110
Registry
Ah, great minds think alike! Since the "theme" of my camper (Bean) is a coffee house--I have been eyeing burlap coffee bags on ebay. I like working with burlap, but sometimes it has such an order (the kind from fabric store). Hopefully coffee bags would smell like---well---coffee (YUM)

If you have checked out my Trailer Registry, last year I put denim panel pockets on the fronts of my doors---which I love, (it even gives me extra storage)---but now that I've had the outside of the camper painted, it just doesn't "look" right to me (picky picky)

Keep the ideas coming!!!
__________________
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
honda03842's Avatar
 
Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Posts: 7,300
Door Pockets! Great idea. What do you store in them?

Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Ah, great minds think alike! Since the "theme" of my camper (Bean) is a coffee house--I have been eyeing burlap coffee bags on ebay. I like working with burlap, but sometimes it has such an order (the kind from fabric store). Hopefully coffee bags would smell like---well---coffee (YUM)

If you have checked out my Trailer Registry, last year I put denim panel pockets on the fronts of my doors---which I love, (it even gives me extra storage)---but now that I've had the outside of the camper painted, it just doesn't "look" right to me (picky picky)

Keep the ideas coming!!!
__________________
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
DannyH's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Posts: 546
Registry
Greg, great ideas and look to your interior. I like the new doors and paint.
__________________
DannyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Thank you to everyone, The outside is still to come!
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
CliveAlive's Avatar
 
Name: Clive
Trailer: Boler American #3104
Florida
Posts: 562
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
Keep the ideas coming!!!
Not as course as burlap, but Home Depot has neutral colored canvas drop cloths. Fairly inexpensive. You could dye and/or stencil it to your taste
__________________
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
jen b's Avatar
 
Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Posts: 848
Registry
About the floor, can I ask what it means to be a floating floor? And what flooring material did you use - that looks nice!

I am thinking about re-doing my floor with a wood-look vinyl peel & stick tile. There's a hideous stone-look vinyl in there now. Somehow it looks totally wrong. I mean, why would there be stone in a super lightweight egg?
__________________
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Greg H's Avatar
 
Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen b View Post
About the floor, can I ask what it means to be a floating floor? And what flooring material did you use - that looks nice!

I am thinking about re-doing my floor with a wood-look vinyl peel & stick tile. There's a hideous stone-look vinyl in there now. Somehow it looks totally wrong. I mean, why would there be stone in a super lightweight egg?
The brand name is Konecto, Sierra plank collection. Floating floor in the real world such as in the home is not attached to the subfloor, the weight of the flooring holds it in place. The pieces do stick to each other as you lay them but they are not attached to the floor.
__________________
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Vickie B.'s Avatar
 
Name: Vickie
Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2015 Ford F-150, 2017 Winnebago UltraLite 27BHSS
Nebraska
Posts: 1,110
Registry
Clive: you always have good ideas!

Norm: since the pockets are pretty "flat"----nothing real bulky fits in there. We use them for: receipts, magazines (big pocket on the porta potty door), pens, notes, maps, travel brochures, etc.
__________________

__________________
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boler


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
72 Boler American BillNKC Modifications, Alterations and Updates 9 07-09-2012 12:18 PM
72 Boler American Greg H Classified Archives 9 02-06-2011 12:16 PM
Our 72 Boler American General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.