clean water tank - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-31-2003, 02:11 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Last one Julie

I found a "plastimo" flexible water tank on ebay for 29.00 in Florida,
This is just what you need it will solve your water delima for under 100 beans easy

Chow Bella

Capt Tony 14 Surfside tm

Old 03-31-2003, 09:34 AM   #16

clean water tank

Thanks so much for all the replies and help... I have put a bid in on the Plastimo flexable water tank. This tank holds 13 gallons of water and will fit most anywhere. I had the idea that the nozzle had to be up to prevent leaking, this thought was making the purchase of a hard sided, water carrier, more difficult, as most of them when upright wouldn't fit in the space provided... Next I will need to find a hand pump, I will check out a marine store as well as a camping store. Thanks again for the help... Julie

Old 04-01-2003, 07:40 AM   #17

clean water tank

Hi, I have bid on the Plastimo flexable water tank on e-bay. The bid was at 29.00 when we started,it is now at 52.00. I am not able to stay home and continue the bid as I need to get to work this morning. If I do win the bid I believe that this should do the trick. You are telling me that I will be able to attach a flexable hose and a hand pump to complete the job right? Julie
Thanks again for all your help
Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 AM   #18

clean water tank

Well, I lost the bid on the flexable water tank. I had to go to work and someone outbid me by one dollar... I will continue to look for a Plastimo or Vetus water tank and the hand pump. Perhaps I will call a Marine store on the East Coast, I live in the Central East Coast area of Florida. The Space Coast, home of the space program....Julie
Old 04-02-2003, 11:33 AM   #19

I was searching yesterday(google), and I think you can get a brand new soft water tank for about that much, and freight would be cheaper. about everytime I buy on e-bay freight is double. I did a search for hand pump rv faucet. found a tank at one of those places. :lol cute faucets too.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:01 PM   #20

Water tank

A new hand pump(rocker pump) should cost about 20-30$ at the most.
the hose should be about 30cents a foot the tank will depend on what you get.
I bought a tank from a manufacturer here in Ontario, and it was only
$80.00 made to my specs as to where I needed fittings and what size.
You might try:

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-pump...-water-tank.htm

or:

http://www.dura-weld.com/tanks.htm

You can always just use the jugs as others have suggested and keep your suction hose long enough to run outside to the jugs
Old 04-03-2003, 09:53 PM   #21

Quote:
Orginally posted by Julie MPerhaps I will call a Marine store on the East Coast, I live in the Central East Coast area of Florida. The Space Coast, home of the space program....Julie
Julie,

There is a boat surplus store in Daytona Beach on Hwy 92 east of US1. It's on the south side of the street across from the Bethune Cookman campus. You might check in there for your water tank. They've got lots of neat stuff. I'll be going back to purchase some items for my camper.
Old 04-09-2003, 08:16 AM   #22

clean water tank

Thanks for all the help! I finally won a bid on the Plastimo flexable water tank, 13 gallons. The best part of this tank is that it is flexable and should fit into my storage area and mold to the space. Next I will need to look for a hand pump, and I will need to decide if I will take the fawcet out and replace it with a duel pump or add a second water fawcet. Also, someone to do the job... Thanks again, Julie
Old 04-09-2003, 09:36 AM   #23

*Also, someone to do the job* I can see right now, someone needs to give you a tool kit with a battery operated drill. whole new world out there Julie. :lol, that's why someone else is doing my fiberglass, I know my limitations. Keep 'um working is my moto. :wave (just teasing you Julie) I want to see pictures. :)
Old 04-09-2003, 07:07 PM   #24

clean water tank

Actually, I do have a drill just lack the knowledge, or maybe the intestinal fortitute to do the job myself...lol If I need to make a hole for the hand pump I want to be sure it is done in the right place and correctly.. A big worry on my part... If I can replace the water fawcet with the hand pump I may be able to do it myself. First, I must find the hand pump and I will look in a Marine store as recommended earlier. I live on the Atlantic Ocean and will certainly not have a problem finding a store for boats etc.
I was asked to take pictures. What pictures would you like to see? All of these little "eggs" seem to look the same...
Thanks again, Julie
Old 04-09-2003, 09:54 PM   #25

well yes they do all kind of look alike, but then they don't either. you might have something new we haven't tried yet, and a color combo that catches your eye we haven't seen. I like inside pictures. your working on the sink area, put a picture of that part. and one where the tank goes, and then after it's in. never seen one of those installed before. anyway I'm hooked, I just like to look. :lol
Old 06-04-2003, 01:14 AM   #26

Tank for Julie

:wave
Dear Julie,
I just removed my original water tank out of my scamp. You may have it if you wish (and pay shipping)
I put in a replacement because it was so nice and so cheap.
I found a 15 gal electric pump sprayer that fits nicely under the bench alongside the galley. I removed the nozzle, ran the hose to my faucet and the pump to the battery...
I also added a demand water heater and double basin sink but that's another story
Old 06-04-2003, 01:18 AM   #27

Forgot to add

Julie,

In case you want to know the spray tank was at Harbor Freight Tools for $89 including the pumb and hose.
You could email me at tom@mapdata.com if you want my old one.
It has drain, filler, and overflow taps. Ten? gal tank would mount easily probably without removing the furnature.

Tom
Old 06-04-2003, 08:16 AM   #28

clean water tank

Thank you so much for your most generous offer... I have solved my problem and I have camped with the results. I bid on a flexable marine water tank on E- Bay and after a few losses I won the bid. The tank holds 13 gallons and fits perfectly under the seat next to the sink. I also had a hole with an appropriate cover etc to the side wall for filling, and a 12 volt pump has been installed. The pump has a switch on the sink cabinet wall between the two black wrought iron bars. Everything seems to work A-OK... Thanks again for the offer.