Closet layout to couch/dinette layout questions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2018, 12:28 PM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane P. View Post
Seriously consider the Lagun table system....

I there is a post on this site by Scamp or casita owner who installed one in the front bench of their trailer.

Good memory:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...yst-77423.html

If you do this, be sure and anchor it to the floor well. I would not use only a fiberglass structure, even if reinforced. I think the way I did it is minimal and I still worry that I might lean on it too hard one day, but so far so good.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #22

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Thanks for the pics! Nice set-up.

BEST
Kai
ai as in wait
Old 08-30-2018, 05:16 AM   #23

Name: Al
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Front dinette

I removed the front couch and designed a 2 person dinette. The table is hinged because under the left seat is a slide out portapotty.
Altemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #24

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Altemplet...could you post some pics of your mod
I’m currently looking at a scamp 13’ and want to do this exact mod.... also does it convert back to a front couch??
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:30 AM   #25

Name: Al
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Casita Total Frame Off Restorations

I acquired a nasty Casita 13 that someone was throwing away with the roof crushed in and totally disgusting. Totally gutted it, frame off restoration, pressure wash and repaired and repainted the entire fiberglass shell. Raised the roof 4 inches. Redesigned the complete interior for two. New full-size bed in the rear, wooden cabinets and closets, front dinette with hidden Porta potty.
Attached Thumbnails
F71ACB9B-CC11-4F48-A465-022F2781A667.jpg   D29FF4D6-AE4A-4B2C-BD84-824486E677EB.jpg  

260D40B8-7189-4AD5-A01E-16652035584E.jpg   53AE150F-E5E7-4987-B59B-01475B08B246.jpg  

Altemplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #26

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Colorado
Registry
Alan,

You can see how I did that modification here.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...amp-68763.html

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Altemplet...could you post some pics of your mod
I’m currently looking at a scamp 13’ and want to do this exact mod.... also does it convert back to a front couch??
Scamper Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #27

Trailer: Bigfoot 19 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altemplet View Post
I acquired a nasty Casita 13 that someone was throwing away with the roof crushed in and totally disgusting. Totally gutted it, frame off restoration, pressure wash and repaired and repainted the entire fiberglass shell. Raised the roof 4 inches. Redesigned the complete interior for two. New full-size bed in the rear, wooden cabinets and closets, front dinette with hidden Porta potty.
That chandelier overlooking a floating table - classy trailer. My top hat goes off to you. 🥂🍾
Old 09-01-2018, 04:29 PM   #28

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
what a job! Great restoration & total repair!
Old 09-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #29

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by katidesc13 View Post
I have a 1998 13ft Scamp and am in the middle of converting the front closet layout to a couch/dinette. My question is about the table. I can't decide between the classic pedestal style or the drop down/hinged model. Since there wasn't a table there before, I would need to add an attachment point and reinforcement if I did the hinged table, but I'm assuming I'd also have to provide some reinforcement for the pedestal style as well, right? My mind is so deep into thinking about the logistics, it feels like I'm completely lost. Has anyone done this and what did it take? Thanks in advance!

Go to forums, Mods, Alterations and updates, about half way down first page see front dinette Mod by Dennis MacMillan, he has done one that does not have a centre leg giving more leg space under the table. I am planning on going this route as it also folds back down to use a couch or bed.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:49 PM   #30

Name: Katie
Trailer: Scamp
Idaho
Forgot to post the final product!

I finally attacked the front closet to dinette/couch mod last year and I love how it turned out! Thought I'd post a link to some pics of it here for anyone who was interested. Also did a whole remodel of the inside aesthetic, including paint, curtains, hardware, flooring, touch lighting, and backsplash. Hope y'all like it!

The link is for an album on my Scamp Facebook page. If you're interested, the page has pictures of all the modifications I've done to it since the beginning (with some help of course!).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...0015378&type=3
katidesc13 is offline   Reply With Quote