Cold cathode fluorescent lights 12 volt - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #57

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2005 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Oregon
Registry
Just adding a little on my project; I'll create a new thread showing the whole project off later.

Since no one sells CCFL + LED light fixures, I' making my own vacu-formed (sometimes called blow-formed) CCFL/LED light fixtures.

This is the form for my new lights with its two 12" CCFL lights and a central 36 LED lamp module set in place. The white plastic fixture shells I'll be vacu-forming around these will be 27-3/4" long x 3" deep x 7/8" tall and will have two slider switches set into the little carved out sections in the front lip for on/off and CCFL/LED mode, and there'll be a clear white diffuser on top of the bulb compartment to help spread the light. The ballast/inverter box does not fit inside my fixture; I decided I'd mount those inside the cabinets my fixtures attach to so I could keep the profile low and clean.

I still have to finish making the vacu-form jigging and setup, but am most of the way done with that. Perhaps I'll have fixtures next weekend! Then I'll be able to show the whole lot off at Bandon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	07May05_CCFL_LED_Fixture_Form.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	7662

--Peter

Old 07-24-2007, 08:51 PM   #58

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft
I was asked by several people at the Oregon Gathering where I got my Cold Cathode Lights.

I was able to get mine from CoolerGuys.<blockquote>White Dual 12 inch Cathode Lights CCFL
List Price: $6.95
Sale Price: $4.95
Item Number: 840556012009</blockquote>Coolerguys.com
11630 Slater Ave NE
Suite 6
Kirkland, WA 98034
USA

Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm PST , Monday - Friday
Phone Ordering Only: 425-821-6400
Fax Line: 425-821-6464

Old 08-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #59

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Mike, We have a compact II and we were wondering were in your Compact did you use the lights? We would love to replace our 12v lights as they are pretty dim. The pictures of others who have changed theirs look great.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:34 AM   #60

Trailer: Hunter Compact II
Quote:
Mike, We have a compact II and we were wondering were in your Compact did you use the lights? We would love to replace our 12v lights as they are pretty dim. The pictures of others who have changed theirs look great.
I put a pair at the kitchen one vertical on the back wall and one on the kitchen ceiling with the wires going into the old dome light and using the switch in it for power, removed the old bulb. At the other end of trailer I had mounted a flouresant daul lamp fixture before and pulled the guts out of it and mounted the ccfl in it. I ran power wires to the dome dome light on wall by feeding them under the diamond pillow covering on the ceiling. Both ends of trailer have plenty of light.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:21 PM   #61

Trailer: Compact II 1973
Quote:
I know this post is over a year old, but I was wondering if you did change your lights out and if so do you still have your old ones? I am in search of 1 more of these... http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/in...howtopic=30831

Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5101.JPG  

Tags
lighting, lights