Compact Jr Logo - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #1

Trailer: Compact Jr
Registry
I don't know if anyone posted their Compact Jr Logo yet ? These are several that I have made on my computer, although not perfect they may be close enough for someone to use

The first logo is what I have put on my canvas top. You print it out using printable cloth that you can buy at Office Max. This cloth sheet has glue on the back side so the logo can be ironed on any cloth. Make sure you use spray water proofing after ironing it on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	compact_logo_for_canvas_top_small.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	16562

This logo is what I came up with after Donna posted the picture of an original logo. Again it is close but not perfect

Name:	COMPACT_LOGO_BLACK_single_small.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	16563

I made both so you can print them on a sheet of paper. If someone wants a pdf of these please let me know
Rick Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #2

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
I have one. Donna will be posting it soon in the Documents section with instructions on what the label shop is to do to extract the vector file from the PDF. I attached it anyway. interesting though... I see this a lot. the logo you posted has been tweaked so many times, it's knowwhere near what the original is to be. As a professional designer, I can't honestly say this is a great logo but it is the original trade mark.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf compact_JR_logo.pdf (34.7 KB, 63 views)
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #3

I have submitted the logo for a quote to a company that specializes in making vinyl labels. His name and company escapes me at work, but have the info at home. He is a member of the Casita Club. Perhaps if there are several people that are interested in obtaining a Compact Jr. logo, we could all pool together. We then can make a good faith arrangement directly with printer to purchase it. His company is in Los Angeles.

I will be orderiing two logos. Are there any others who are interested?
Cliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I have one. Donna will be posting it soon in the Documents section with instructions on what the label shop is to do to extract the vector file from the PDF.
Scott sent you a PM.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #5

Registry
Scott, Good job! When I down loaded Donna's logo it wasn't that clear. Cliff if you are getting prices please let us know the cost. I would like a couple.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #6

Registry
the idea behind this vector logo is that it gets cut out of vinyl. the printer has to open the PDF file in Adobe Illustrator. then you can size the image to fit a billboard if you want without any loss of clarity.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:02 PM   #7

Here is the reply, and contact info if anyone is interested in obtaining a Compact Jr. Logo. I sent the logo file that Scott S. had posted. If you call or email to order, please let Eric know I referred you.

<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Hi Cliff,<span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"></span> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">I can do the decals for $8.00 each (mimimum 2) plus mailing cost. That would be cut, then masked and ready for application. If you increase the quantity, the price will drop.</span><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"></span> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Because they are being applied to fiberglass, I would like to investigate the prep-work needed for you to apply. However, if you want to go ahead with them beforehand, let me know and we can proceed.</span><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"></span> <span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%">Feel free to call me with any questions at 310-254-6658.</span><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"></span> Thanks Eric A. Mayer</span>Jack Print & Design / JPD Tees
jackprintanddesign[at]ca.rr.com
www.JackPrintandDesign.com
Old 11-08-2008, 03:16 AM   #8

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Registry
Wow - these look great! Thanks for taking the time to do this. I'm interested in a pair of logos. I'll call Eric, and drop your name, too.

Jen

"Nowhere to be and all day to get there." - The Bills
JenPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:17 AM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
FWIW
That kind of lettering is put on Fiberglass boat's all the time, so it can be done.

If I remember correctly all I did was wash the stern of the boat and then put on the lettering and squeegee out the air.

Bill K
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM   #10

These arrived in the mail today! Yippee! I used the logo file supplied earlier in this thread. Thank you to everyone responsible in getting the logo posted.
Eric of Jacks Print and Design did a great job.

Name:	compactdecal.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	16794
Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 PM   #11

Registry
Looks good Cliff, I will be ordering some in the spring
Old 11-25-2008, 10:28 AM   #12

Registry
Cliff,
were those cut from the art I sent to Donna?
I'd love a photo of your trailer once the new decals are on it.
Scott
Old 12-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #13

Quote:
Cliff,
were those cut from the art I sent to Donna?
I'd love a photo of your trailer once the new decals are on it.
Scott
Scott,
Sorry for the delayed response, I was not tracking the topic. Yes, the logos were cut from the artwork you provided. There was a tiny bit of tweaking, but the stickers came out great. My progress has been slow, but should pick up a little steam, now that the frame has been revamped, and painted. Next the shell gets painted. I will post updated pictures when I have something more to show.