Compact Jr remodel - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
Member
 
Name: Yecats
Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
Oregon
Posts: 41
This 1973 Compact Jr was bought in Goldendale, WA in Sept 2007. It's not even been a year yet, but its coming along. Unique and different...we thought we'd bring it back to life with a little pizazzz! It was completely stripped down to the shell and the frame and repainted, including the bottom half in the tough material used as a bedliner in pickup trucks called Line X. (chocolate brown in color) New floor was installed too and Marty repacked the bearings. (The interior is still a secret.) Based on the theme from Scooby Doo: this Compact JR is sure to catch your eye while rolling down Oregon Hwys or while you a strolling through the campground. Introducing the MYSTERY MACHINE!

More pictures are soon to follow featuring the interior...and the fun graphics on the exterior to follow the Scooby Doo theme!


We were unable to bring the CJ to the Oregon Gathering this year, but we will be there next year!
I think someone said that it was "butt ugly" when they saw pictures of it at the Oregon Gathering, but we have become really be fond of this little project on wheels. Our neighbors are watching with interest as we pull it out of the garage on weekends and work on it.
Attached Thumbnails
mystery_machine_compact_jr..jpg  
__________________

__________________
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Larry&Carrie's Avatar
 
Name: Larry
Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Washington
Posts: 553
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

THANX for posting a picture----- this will put Brandy's mind at ease.... And mine, as I was wondering also how you were coming along... Larry
__________________

__________________
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Compact II 1973
Posts: 11
Its cute as can be, and its yours! The fun in having these little guys is making them fit your needs and personality. Keep up the labor of love and Im excited to see it in person someday.
__________________
shellyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
We were unable to bring the CJ to the Oregon Gathering this year, but we will be there next year!
I think someone said that it was "butt ugly" when they saw pictures of it at the Oregon Gathering, [b]but we have become really be fond of this little project on wheels.
And [b]that is all that matters. I've done somethings to my trailer that others may not like or want for themselves... but who cares... it's MINE.

I can't wait to see more than pictures!
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:59 PM   #5
Member
 
Name: Yecats
Trailer: Compact Jr 1973
Oregon
Posts: 41
Quote:
And [b]that is all that matters. I've done somethings to my trailer that others may not like or want for themselves... but who cares... it's MINE.

I can't wait to see more than pictures!
Truth be told- I can't either!
The sooner it's done the sooner we can take it on the road!
__________________
Yecats 001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Steve Hilby's Avatar
 
Trailer: Compact Jr
Posts: 259
Quote:
...I think someone said that it was "butt ugly" when they saw pictures of it at the Oregon Gathering...

Some people have no sense of fun. I think it's a great paint scheme!

Hurry up and finish, so we can see the inside!
__________________
Steve Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Member
 
Name: Kath
Trailer: Compact Jr
California
Posts: 43
Mystery Machine Compact Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compact Jr Stacey View Post
This 1973 Compact Jr was bought in Goldendale, WA in Sept 2007. It's not even been a year yet, but its coming along. Unique and different...we thought we'd bring it back to life with a little pizazzz! It was completely stripped down to the shell and the frame and repainted, including the bottom half in the tough material used as a bedliner in pickup trucks called Line X. (chocolate brown in color) New floor was installed too and Marty repacked the bearings. (The interior is still a secret.) Based on the theme from Scooby Doo: this Compact JR is sure to catch your eye while rolling down Oregon Hwys or while you a strolling through the campground. Introducing the MYSTERY MACHINE!

More pictures are soon to follow featuring the interior...and the fun graphics on the exterior to follow the Scooby Doo theme!


We were unable to bring the CJ to the Oregon Gathering this year, but we will be there next year!
I think someone said that it was "butt ugly" when they saw pictures of it at the Oregon Gathering, but we have become really be fond of this little project on wheels. Our neighbors are watching with interest as we pull it out of the garage on weekends and work on it.
I know this is an old posting but if you see this do you have any updated pictures of the inside? Would love to see!!!!!
__________________
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Compact Stacey come back! It's been almost a year: Last Activity: 07-13-2012 10:32 PM
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #9
Member
 
Name: Kath
Trailer: Compact Jr
California
Posts: 43
Donna D. searching other web sites I found out the "Mystery Machine" was put up for sale last summer :{ don't know if we will ever find out what happened or get to see the pictures..............anybody out their know anything??
__________________

__________________
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 13' Scamp remodel Robert Johans Modifications, Alterations and Updates 41 09-19-2017 01:50 PM
Compact Junior Remodel We are back did you miss us? Yecats 001 General Chat 2 07-09-2010 10:55 AM
Remodel vs Original Donna Adams Care and Feeding of Molded Fiberglass Trailers 9 11-02-2009 11:03 PM
83' 13' Casita remodel Phillip Modifications, Alterations and Updates 17 06-27-2009 07:38 PM
75 Boler Remodel Mike Montville General Chat 0 12-31-1969 07:00 PM

» Trailer Showcase

Scamp

chefjj

2017

Mfrost
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.