Compact microwaves? - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #1
Name: Bobbie
Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970/Escape 15A
Compact microwaves?

My 23 year old microwave bit the dust yesterday in a cloud of smoke, so I'm thinking of pulling the small one out of the trailer to use for awhile. And that reminded me that since I bought my microwave, some new smaller styles, cube-type microwaves came out. Does anyone have one, and do you like it? I didn't feel mine was the best use of space when I installed it so this might be a good chance to replace the one in the trailer instead of the one in the house.

Bobbie Mayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
I tried one of the "Cube" microwaves and, IMHO, with only about 600 watts they are of limited use. I took it back.

Portable microwave ovens are now, for the most part, considered consumables. Smaller ones at Wal-Mart seem to start about $45. Get the extra warrantee for a few $$$ and just take it back to any Wal-Mart when it dies.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Name: Rick & Rei
Trailer: 1970 Campster
cube microwave

We have the Iwavecube microwave-600 watts.
It works for us -we seldom use it but when we did it heated fine.
Pops microwave popcorn great.
It is small and that is what I wanted.
Ricky 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search