Cost of a fiamma awning and cable installation for 2003 casita? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 05-17-2015, 03:24 AM   #15
Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006
Jen don't let not having an awning on a trailer you're looking at cause you to loose a nice trailer. You do realize that this time of year the prices are high? I've had awnings on all the RV's I've had except my Casita and pretty much always had them out but we really didn't sit under them often and I mostly camp in the desert. They were more useful when it rained than for shade. So far I really haven't missed not having an awning on the egg. After all the large awnings on the other rigs it almost seems a waste of a $1000 for such a small patch of shade. I do take an Easy Up type cover depending on where we're going. Yes, a separate shade cover can be a pain to carry and use compared to a mounted awning. But after 40 years of camping not having one would not be a deal breaker on a nice trailer. Just two cents worth, YMMV

Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 04:52 AM   #16
Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Thank you, Dave. I hear your point. For whatever reason, I've rarely used screen shelters when camping. Perhaps because they are expensive if you want one that's well made. I like Paha Que, of course, for canopies and shelters. I may PM you and another on this thread for a little advice. Many thanks.

jenbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #17
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Jen, I'm a single traveler. Shelters are often difficult to put up when you're alone and there's no one to assist. The crank out case awning that's installed on the Casita is the same one I put on my Scamp several years ago. I love it! Easy/peasy. Casita sells the necessary roof supports. I needed to have the ones made for my Scamp to match the awning to the Scamp roof. If you purchase a Casita, you won't have that issue.

My daughter, my ex and I were able to mount the awning to the Scamp. Not difficult even if a bit nerve wracking. Drilling those holes, etc...

I'm 100% satisfied with my decision. I was able to purchase the awning (on sale) from Camping World. The awning itself was about $800. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Best of luck!
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:05 AM   #18
Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Jen, check out the Clam 1660, one person set-up. Check the video on the left on this page: Clam Corporation 9281 Quick-Set Escape Shelter, 140 X 140-Inch, Forest Green: Patio, Lawn & Garden

Also, our canopy is a $60 Gander Mountain canvas thing with a couple bungee cords...

Best of luck to you!

2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
2001 F-150 XLT 4wd Super Cab 4.6L
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:29 PM   #19
Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Donna D., thanks for the input!
Frank A, what a clever setup.
Nonetheless, I want an awning. I just know myself. I want to roll out an awning and sit in my chair with my laptop and do my work...

jenbooks is offline   Reply With Quote

awning, casita