Cowgirl Glamping - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #71
Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Thanks Linda.
I've been looking at several sites but haven't seen this one.
They have some things I think would work fairly well.
It also made me remember some things I still have from boot camp, etc.

carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:28 PM   #72
Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
Awning -- Lake Oroville, Ca

Here's a picture of the Rhinestone Bunkhouse proudly wearing the Awning I made for her. I don't have a screen so I used some red lace fabric hung in the doorway to keep the flies out. It worked great and was ever so "glampy"!
Attached Thumbnails

Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:16 AM   #73
Name: Steve and Rosemary
Trailer: 89 Scamp 16 ft side toilet
Wow! It looks great! You must have some great sewing skills. Love what you did with the gravel guard too!
SERENITY 1989 Scamp 16' Side Toilet | Steve, Rosemary, Maude Pod & Tripawd Hope | Next trip: The Weber for some fishing
Moab Maiden Voyage 03/10 * The Swell 5/26/11 * Antelope Island 12/31/11 * Strawberry Res 6/12 * Whitney Res 6/14 * Uintahs 07/15
Steve and Rosemary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #74
Thanks Rosemary. My sewing skills are better than my skills on setting the darn thing up. I wasn't really sure how to anchor it with the tent pole ropes. So I just put it up like I I thought I remembered seeing them in pictures. I didn't get it quite right and will work on it next time so it won't have quite as much droop in the awning. But all in all i'm happy to have it for a little shade on sunny days.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 AM   #75
Name: Leah
Trailer: Scamp
New Mexico
Wow Linda! That's great! Did you have a pattern or plans? I would love to make one for my little scamp.
LeahTookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #76
Originally Posted by LeahTookey View Post
Wow Linda! That's great! Did you have a pattern or plans? I would love to make one for my little scamp.
Hi Leah, I just made a pattern about 30" long for the scallop using a saucer for the shape. I cut 2 large pieces of fabric to the maximum size I thought I would work on my 13' Scamp. The total dimension is about 8' wide x 7' long, so I used 52" wide fabric. I used French seams in the middle seam to make it neat. I then sewed the scallop all around the 3 sides. I purchased nylon webbing for around the 4 sides for strength and to make the seems where the awning and scallop attach neat. I put 3 grommets at right, left and middle for the tent poles. I used something called welting for the length that goes into the rail. Sailboat suppliers & marine fabric suppliers have this with the super duty thread and the webbing. I didn't have a rail on the Scamp so I bought it from Vintage Trailers and also purchased rope tighteners from Vintage Trailer. It was very reasonable. I then purchased the tent poles on line where ever the best price was. Reflective rope and stakes were from Harbor Freight. | Home for webbing, grommets, thread.

Upholstery Fabrics, Marine Canvas, Vinyl Fabric and Supplies - Great Lakes Fabrics, Inc. for welting and bias seam binding

I get a lot of personal satisfaction out of projects like this, and it was a good winter project for me to take on. But I really don't think you save much money by the time you buy all the fabric and other items necessary.

I had extra fabric and supplies so I made a bag to hold everything and the little gravel cover awning, so those were a bonus. To make the gravel awning, I just traced the cover and made an envelope that slips over it with snaps on the window side to keep it on.