Crusty casita work begine - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #1

Name: Graeme
Trailer: Casita
Vermont
Crusty casita work begine

So, Hi folks! I introduced myself a couple weeks ago, but I'll do it again for this thread. We recently purchased a gutted 1985 Casita Spirit Deluxe 16'. The previous owner removed the shell from the frame, did some repairs on the frame, stripped out the interior, including carpet. Threw away the shower enclosure , installed a new floor and sold it to us. Most of the fiberglass interior parts are there, but essentially everything else is gone.
Well, today we started the process of removing the hastily glued down indoor outdoor carpet, since we really want to install foam backed carpet. The adhesive was a bit of a pain to deal with, but some elbow grease and about 4 hours with a wire wheel on the angle grinder made about 1/2 of it go away. Well, it actually made it go onto the floor, into my hair, and all over me. But it's not on the wall anymore, so I call it a victory. I think with a few more hours the old dried up adhesive should be gone. I didn't snap pics today, but I've got some from the day we received it. With any luck we'll figure out the best place to source the foam backed carpet and find some sturdy adhesive and in another week have that hurdle jumped. Here's some pics. Be well all.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
GraemeandJenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 03:47 PM   #2

Name: Graeme
Trailer: Casita
Vermont
Dang it, my pics keep coming out upside down. I'll get to the bottom of this! Sorry bout the crooked necks.
GraemeandJenn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita