It's done....and I'm very happy with how it turned out. For the shelf platforms I used leftover laminate flooring cut to the contours of the Scamp
. The supports were 5/8" square doweling, which I covered with leftover fabric that I used when reupholstering my cushions. I used corner molding (which also was covered with leftover fabic) as facing on the shelves.
I did not bolt/screw/ or make any permanent holes to any part of the Scamp
, but instead used hook and loop tape (a Scamp
owners best friend
) to anchor the parts and pieces.. I glued it to the back of the doweling so it would "catch" the rat fur and where the right legs meet the wooden screen divider, I glued hook and loop to the wood to match up to the legs. Put added pieces along the back curve of the shelves to give added support.
Thank you Donna for your suggestion, which I followed, so if I want to use the bottom bunk I don't have to pull the shelf out...
I'm a happy camper...