I made new curtains for my Scamp
last summer and it wasn't terribly hard--and it turned out to be one of the best changes I've made to the reworking of my interior. I bought the material itself at a garage sale (advertised as a "wall of drapes"), along with a bedspread I planned to cut down for my Scamp
bed. Since the interior of my Scamp
is all white now, it's easy enough to change color schemes when I feel like it.
I only have the most rudimentary of sewing skills--which are currently rusty--but it was enough to put these curtains together. (Though Maeve wanted to help, the twerpy little cat...) Since the material had been used as drapes, I wasn't terribly worried about their transparency (though I did check). I made them longer than my original curtains (and they're not hemmed yet...I will be bribing my mother for that...) I replaced the old, rusty curtain rods with ones I bought at Target and I think it turned out pretty well. I've only taken it out once since I got the curtains done, but I may add that extra layer that Carol mentioned, to give them some weight
. We'll see.
This whole discussion is giving me the February blues--I miss my Scamp!