Dangling feet and other mods….. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #21

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I saw Craig's trailer at Cherokee and it really looks great. DW has added several items to my trailer to do list after seeing it. I went to Home Depot today and they had the faucet in stock. It was not on display but the clerk knew what I was asking for and found them.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #22

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Longest View Post
I saw Craig's trailer at Cherokee and it really looks great. DW has added several items to my trailer to do list after seeing it. I went to Home Depot today and they had the faucet in stock. It was not on display but the clerk knew what I was asking for and found them.
Eddie
Congrats on the faucet. I knew she was going to put you to work the minute she said she was going to go look for you and bring you back to see the table overlay. I guess you got the detailed tour from Craig when you got here.

Josie

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #23

Name: Shawn
Trailer: Boler
Florida
If you want to sign up for Home Depot they will give you a 5 dollar coupon to be used on anything over 50 dollars here.
Home Depot Coupon
ShawnKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:09 PM   #24

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
I hadn't read this post before we met you in VA, but I was fortunate to see all your mods in person
More things to do on our to do list.
Can you remind me again what the name of that floor covering is? That will most likely be my next project before I measure and cut the step/shoe storage at the bed.
One good thing about most Home Depots and Lowes is that they provide 10% military discount to card holders, and a Veterans discount certain times during the year.
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #25

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
The flooring we used was Armstrong Cushion Step Vinyl. It's a modified loose lay vinyl with a fiberglass backing instead of felt. We bought a 7' X 12' pc. and was able to do all the floor surfaces and toe kicks. It pays big time to make a template first this way you can lay the flooring down somewhere and place the template on top and move it around on top of it to get the best alignment before cutting it.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:08 AM   #26

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
It pays big time to make a template first this way you can lay the flooring down somewhere and place the template on top and move it around on top of it to get the best alignment before cutting it.
Great idea, thanks!
I put the allure strip flooring in my Trillium a few years ago. Laid it over the thin foam like mesh used as antislip underpads to mask the imperfections in the floor. It is now scalloping up at the seams like warped wood. I was dreading the thought of having to do all the fine trimming to get a good fit with a new floor covering. All I have to do is pull it out in a single sheet and I've got a template I can use on a flat surface.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote