Difference between ducted and non-ducted? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2014, 12:07 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Difference between ducted and non-ducted?

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between ducted ceiling assemblies and non-ducted? If I was to buy one, which would be preferable?

Thanks for any help!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #2

Name: Greg(lee) and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
ducted vs. non ducted a/c

Frank,

My understanding from our experience with 2-5th wheels and a travel trailer is that the "ducted" units have the cold air distributed through the camper via hidden ducting between the outer roof and the interior ceiling; the non-ducted just blow from the underside of the a/c and are used in smaller campers.

Our 21' tt was not ducted and worked well because of the small size of the trailer. The same should hold true for the ParkLiner.

I would really prefer the roof unit to the under seat one we have if it is not too tall. I modified my storage building's overhead door to 9' so our ParkLiner would fit into it and can not make it any taller.

Happy camping,

Lee
wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 PM   #3

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Lee, I think this is the one ParkLiner is using. It says it's a ducted unit though? So for a ParkLiner we would want non-ducted, right?

I'd like to know more about how they build in additional support for the unit.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:06 PM   #4

Name: Greg(lee) and katie
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
I too would like to know the model number and how the roof is reinforced.

My 5th wh has a ducted ac in the living room/kitchen which has a ceiling fixture for the returned air as well as a rapid cool feature which is no more than a louver which allows the air usually directed to the ducting throughout the camper to just be forced into the living room.

The non ducted unit in the bedroom has vents which can be aimed to cool different areas. We seldom use this ac because the living room one is ducted to the bedroom.

Lee
wandererlee is offline   Reply With Quote