DIY 'Sewer Solution' - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #1

Trailer: Eggcamper
Registry
DIY 'Sewer Solution'

I'm looking for some help. In the past I have read about some RVers who have made their own water jet type 'sewer solution' and I am collecting pictures, plans and or ideas on how to do it.

Normally, I just use the stinky slinky like everyone else, however, sometimes I need to dump at home after a trip. My outside sewer connection is almost 30 feet from where the camper sits so I'm seeking something simple and inexpensive to only use once in a while...

Thanks!

Bill
Old 07-26-2012, 05:07 AM   #2

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp
Registry
Plastic rain gutter.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 AM   #3

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Bill,

I recently purchased a sewer solution on line from the company. They always have some "seconds". They do work great.

I buy their lowest cost version and use a yard water hose to go most of the distance, connecting the hose with a 3 x 3/4 inch piece of steel pipe to the single 10 foot length of hose that comes with the Sewer Solution. I typically stick the piece of water hose into our son's cellar clothes washer drain,

The device works very well.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #4

Registry
Thanks Kevin - I was thinking of something 'instead of' the stinky slinky hose set up. They sell the "Sewer Solution" for about $150 - but some have made their own for a few bucks. It uses a strong jet of water to bust up the 'solids' and lets you connect an old garden hose (up to 100' or more) to dump with. It is very compact - easily rinsed out - and very quick to use. The biggest advantage is being able to to use a garden hose to carry the waste a long distance from the camper - AND it allows the sewage to be run UPHILL a bit, which I need.

I have attached a couple pix - one shows the commercial version, but I only want ideas/plans on how to make the 'head' (circled in red). The second pic shows the mechanics of how the water is used to 'break down', then transport the waste out garden hose.

Thanks! Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Picture 2.png   Picture 3.png  

Old 07-26-2012, 08:47 AM   #5

Registry
Thanks Norm and Ginny - I appreciate your input! It's nice to know it works. I like to 'tinker' and make things - have everything except the 'head' in my garage and since it will perhaps get used once or twice per year I don't really want to spend $100 on it.

I have an idea about how to make it - -just like to draw on the brain power of our group. There are several folks online who have made their own working sewer solution - I am just not able to find a good photo or plans of how they put theirs together. I could find the $100 - I guess I would rather spend it on traveling ;-)

Thanks again - Bill
Old 07-26-2012, 06:56 PM   #6

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Here's one made out of an old garbage disposal... which isn't exactly what you asked about... but might give you an idea for some of the parts you need: DIY RV Macerator Pump | The Steampunk Workshop

Well, Google isn't my friend But, I did find this (with pics) about 3/4 of the way down the thread. Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Homemade sewer solution the link referenced seems to be dead... sigh.

Hope you find this helpful.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:53 PM   #7

Registry
Donna - I appreciate your help. I had come across those as well - - and the dead link. I was hoping to find someone who happened to save the 'plans' or pix from the the link that is now dead - or - someone who has made one and can lend a hand. The garbage disposal style is easy enough to make, but a bit cumbersome for what I have in mind ;-)

I am a patient man...

Bill
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #8

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Link

There's a homebuilt one on this page. It does not allow the jet to squirt back into the tank but that could be worked out as well.

Woodalls Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Homemade sewer solution

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #9

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Why not splurge and buy the "head" or pump unit for $59.50?
SewerSolution - Plan 9, Inc.

Have a close look at the other replacement parts and you will see a quick connect a-la garden hose variety and some O rings ... if you catch my drift
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote