Dog Leash Up/Anchor Point In Trailer While Camping/Sleeping: What do you do? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Maintenance | Restoration | Modifications | Problem Solving > Modifications, Alterations and Updates
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #61

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
You are always faithfully on my cheering section Carol and I really look up to you and admire you. That was my little secret till now but I want you to know that!

And hey where the run is will hardly ever be stepped on and with moms sewing will probably last long after I crump. And if it screws up I'll replace it with another type of flooring like many others have done (keep reading bout allure flooring here)

Bless ye Carol! Ye be one of my heroes here!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #62

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
Bless ye Carol! Ye be one of my heroes here!

Well golly gee thanks! But honestly I am no hero I simple share with you the things I have learned through my somewhat longer life

Funny enough I learned to do a quick carpet repair this spring while visiting with my elderly mother and my then very young pup though it would be fun to scratch at her berber loop carpet and managed to pull up about a foot of carpet wool creating a run. I fixed it by pulling the wool back into place in loops using a very old button hook that my great grandmothers that she used for doing up buttons on her shoes. it worked well! Suspect it had not seen any use since the 1880/90's! LOL
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 PM   #63

Name: Conrad
Trailer: Bigfoot 3000 & Barth "slide-in" truck camper
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampyTime View Post
Hi All,

I have a Scamp 13 and often sleep on the sofa so my full grown kids can share the dinette bed. In so doing, I have to shut the outside door and lose the benefit of the potential air and breeze provided by the screen door
<snip>
Any ideas or things you've done would be much appreciated.

Wendy
I installed a grate over my screen door. It works fine for one dog, but not the other. The pup still pushes on it and can get it open. She is persistent and has scratch small holes in the screen.

However, a grate is a good solution if you add some sort of dead bolt to keep the dog from forcing it open.

My dogs like to sit in the doorway and watch things. You might need to block their vision--perhaps a piece of cardboard would keep them from seeing squirrels and bolting. Good luck.
Night Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:54 PM   #64

Name: Sharon
Trailer: Leisure Travel
Minnesota
dog leash up/anchor point

Hi,

I did not read all 5 pages of the posts, so if I am repeating the same idea, I apologize. We have a small RV and travel with 3 dogs and 3 cats. What we did was to make a folding door out of closet shelving. We attached the two panels together and attached them to the wall of the camper. The main door is outside, then the screen door and then the closet shelving. When closed, none of the animals can get out, even if they pounced on it. It works great for us and we leave the door open lots of nights with just the screen and shelving. Even offers us a little peace of mind for added security.
bshanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #65

Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
Registry
Hello and thank you for writing and responding to my post! I already put the d ring in the floor of the trailer and Katrina will have plenty of room and comfort to sleep either under the dinette bed or right on the "kitchen" floor. But your mod is intriguing and I'm sure many of us including myself would love to see pics if you have them!

CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote