first a little background....the DPO had dual 6V batteries installed under the left dinette seat by "Lord knows who"....they were in battery
boxes...taking up so much space that you had to remove one to check the electrolyte level in the other one....plus the flimsy hardware holding down the boxes soon parted...on top of that he left the wire run to the propane
locker/forward storage box (just taped up the ends) and spliced/tacked on new battery
leads on said wire just before they exited the under seat area (creating a hornets nest of tangled up wires so you could'nt tell what was what or where it was going)
I got rid of the battery
boxes. There is enough room for the two batteries side by side to be fully exposed when the seat lid is up. They sit on a "rack" made of a plywood base and 1"x1" border...screws through the plywood and two large eyes take care of keeping the batteries in place....a length of rope (through the large eyes) with a truckers hitch keep them down
I had two brass wire terminals left over from a long time ago boat project that I used to straighten out all the mess of wire. It is now easy to tell at a glance what goes where. All those snap-on connectors (?) are gone except for one left to join the trailer brake/breakaway circuit (blues wires). There was never a main fuse for the battery so I added that. I left that abandoned circuit going forward...I use it for the deployable solar panel
. It's also a possible outside 12V power source...
After catching so much grief on here about "ventilation" last year
I decided to do something about that....it's an upside down, tight fitting vinyl container with a hole cut in it to accept a breather tube that runs outsite the trailer and into the propane
locker. Hydrogen gas is FOURTEEN times lighter than air...not being able to go down it will exit the coach through the tube...
I plan on playing around (experimenting/adding to) some more with the electrical
system....the blocks will make it real easy to do that...
I know somebody on here was toying with the idea for a BF17...so I thought I'd post this "example".....cheers