Egg Camper half closet - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #21

Trailer: Eggcamper
Registry
Closet Shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Thanks for the photos. How did you attach the streetside shelves? My Egg has an electric cord hatch on the outside but not a detachable cord.
This is what I did for the larger closet - same concept will work for the smaller closet. Simple, quick and light - - all the things I aim for in mods ;-)

I also included a wide shot of the front of the Egg showing reversed closet hinge, new folding shower door, painted wood doors and new knobs - - we like the softer look.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
P4020252.jpg   P4020249.jpg  

P4020247.jpg   P4060260.jpg  

Old 04-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Bill,
What is that paint color called, i like it.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #23

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Bill,
What is that paint color called, i like it.
Thanks! It's Walmart paint - Kilz water base, Satin finish - - 'Mountain Canyon'. It went on smooth. We also like the color - it feels more like a home than a camper.

I got my second set of tail lights mounted - LED in 4" round above the originals. They are too bright to look at directly even in daytime! Also, put five sets of LED in the interior light fixtures - they should work great! I'm running wires fro the furnace, LP alarm and thermostat today - have the furnace opening enlarged and furnace setting in roughed in opening - located the appropriate LP fittings today for my two stage regulator and pigtail - hope to bring all this together by the weekend. Then time to re-pack the wheel bearings - I picked up the new seals today (only $4 each for dbl seals w/ springs).

I'll include a few additional pix - one shows the actual paint finish (you can still see the wood grain with one coat) - a view of the rear of egg with new paint color - comparative pic showing small table with original clear finish and new color on the doors.

Hope this helps a bit - but in reality I know it will just create additions to your 'to do' list ;-)

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
EC_paint finish.jpg   EC_rear.jpg  

EC_comp.jpg  
Old 04-30-2011, 07:08 AM   #24

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
Our favorite modification is making the table 6 1/2 inches longer. It still doesn't get in the way and we don't feel quite so cramped when we eat now. After buying our Eggcamper two years ago I suggested to Jim Palmer raising the latch on the inside closet and putting a bumper on the door where it hits the sharp corner of the awning bracket. I'm glad to hear he has raised the latch, do any of you know if he has done anything about the door hitting the awning bracket?
Attached Thumbnails
New Bigger Table.jpg  
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #25

Name: Josie&Craig
Trailer: Escape 21
South Carolina
Registry
Oh, Bill Robinson....I love that color on the cabs....love that the woodgrain still shows. Mr and I plan on a similar scheme in ours....gonna replace the rug floor with driftwood colored vinyl laminate. After a gloomy weekend with dogs and peeps tracking the rug, it's next thing on the list of mods.

Thank you for the pix. Could you post another showing the microwave from a little further back? We've been discussing the pros and cons of such in Li'l Scamp.

J of J&C

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:22 AM   #26

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2yax2go View Post
Oh, Bill Robinson....I love that color on the cabs....love that the woodgrain still shows. Mr and I plan on a similar scheme in ours....gonna replace the rug floor with driftwood colored vinyl laminate. After a gloomy weekend with dogs and peeps tracking the rug, it's next thing on the list of mods.

Thank you for the pix. Could you post another showing the microwave from a little further back? We've been discussing the pros and cons of such in Li'l Scamp.

J of J&C
Josie - Thanks! If you look above this post you will see another photo of the micro - - and here are a couple more. I don't have many 'glamour' shots - I usually snap some while in a project - you will notice the paint sample on the side of the micro and no door knobs installed below.

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
EC_micro3.jpg   EC_micro1.jpg  

Old 04-30-2011, 12:16 PM   #27

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Robison View Post
Josie - Thanks! If you look above this post you will see another photo of the micro - - and here are a couple more. I don't have many 'glamour' shots - I usually snap some while in a project - you will notice the paint sample on the side of the micro and no door knobs installed below.

Bill
Thanx, Bill....one ?.....where's the wiring? I see no visible plug.

I love the clean lines and color scheme of your Egg.

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
Old 04-30-2011, 12:30 PM   #28

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
The plug to the micro has to be behind it. Ours came from the factory as standard equipment along with a one burner hot plate.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #29

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
The plug to the micro has to be behind it. Ours came from the factory as standard equipment along with a one burner hot plate.
Mr. 2Yax said it could also be in the cabinet.

Back to the shelves.

I want shelves in the half-closet in our Scamp. Mr.2Yax is working on a self supporting design similar to my slide together plywood pantry and step stool.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Campsetup.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	350.8 KB
ID:	35528

Or the one he put in over the fridge:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Shelf view.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	35530 Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior Shelf View.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	268.0 KB
ID:	35529

(hope that worked)

That way we can remove it if we feel like we need hanging space.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:42 PM   #30

Registry
Quote:
Thanx, Bill....one ?.....where's the wiring? I see no visible plug.

I love the clean lines and color scheme of your Egg.
Thanks Josie - - we really like it as well! It is designed and built in Michigan by a man who designs, builds and sells experimental aircraft -and- who owned an auto repair (think fiberglass) shop for many years. He designed it to be light, durable, low center of gravity, highly efficient and to allow people (like he and I) who are 6'3" or more ;-) It is like a combination of a camper, boat and an aircraft. Easy to look at, easy to clean and moves down the road like an arrow.

Sssoooooo - - you wonder where the micro plugs in? Actually, it doesn't - we use it to store paper plates and paper towels, etc.

Gotcha - - the duplex GFI is mounted in the bottom of the top cabinet - in the back - very close to the micro - behind the light. Even in the camper is is difficult to see it. Has a place to plug in our Euro burner hot plate for those rare occasions when we decide to cook inside. Look at the center circle in the pic...

Bill
Attached Thumbnails
Mcro Plug.jpg  
Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #31

Registry
Quote:
Mr. 2Yax said it could also be in the cabinet.

Back to the shelves.

I want shelves in the half-closet in our Scamp. Mr.2Yax is working on a self supporting design similar to my slide together plywood pantry and step stool.
...That way we can remove it if we feel like we need hanging space.
Sorry - - I didn't intend on hijacking the site. I know there are many FRV members interested in and have many questions regarding EggCampers.

Back to closet shelves... ;-)
Old 04-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #32

South Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Sorry - - I didn't intend on hijacking the site. I know there are many FRV members interested in and have many questions regarding EggCampers. ;-)
It's easy enough to do and I was in danger of doing the same thing asking about your microwave.

Regarding that half-closet...I'd like to have Mr. 2Yax the Handyman shave some off the bottom lip of the frame to make a mite more room for access to the bottom inside the closet. We just want to make sure we don't hamper the integrity of the support to the wall itself.

Some of the storage mods will come over time as we assess what we will really need for long haul travel. I'd love to store the clothes in some sort of orderliness in the bottom closet and maybe linens in the cabinet above. We'll just have to see what works. I love looking at what others have done with theirs and appreciate the pix they share. One of the many things I really like about this site as a whole.

Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 AM   #33

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
Our favorite modification is making the table 6 1/2 inches longer. It still doesn't get in the way and we don't feel quite so cramped when we eat now. After buying our Eggcamper two years ago I suggested to Jim Palmer raising the latch on the inside closet and putting a bumper on the door where it hits the sharp corner of the awning bracket. I'm glad to hear he has raised the latch, do any of you know if he has done anything about the door hitting the awning bracket?
Ray,
Within a month of owning our EggCamper, I left the door open without latching it to hold it open and the wind took the door and dinged it against the awning bracket. I got a plastic door knob protector at home depot ( Prime-Line Products 3-1/4 in. White Wall and Door Knob Stop - U 9243 at The Home Depot ) and with some 3M 4200 stuck it to the door, right where the bracket hits. Problem solved.

I love 3M 4200 Quick Cure. But don't get the big tube unless you're going to do a lot of sticking stuff. Once you open the tube, it cures in the tube within a couple of days.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 05:21 AM   #34

Michigan
Our new Egg Camper came from the factory with a "doodad" to hold the door open against the trailer body.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:53 AM   #35

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
Our new Egg Camper came from the factory with a "doodad" to hold the door open against the trailer body.
Yes, ours came with a door holder too, similar to this Rv Designer Collection - Entry Door Holder - Stainless Steel, 3 3/4 Inch - Entry Door Hardware - Camping World but white plastic. The problem happened when I didn't fasten the holder and the wind just slammed the door back into the awning bracket.

What does your doodad look like?

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:28 AM   #36

Pennsylvania
Registry
I have no intentions of hijacking this thread, BUT, since there are 2-3 Egger's here I have a question that pertains only to Egg Campers. Where does the a/c condensate drain into or from? I see no tubes underneath. Again, sorry for changing the subject, but wanted to ask this question, Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:45 AM   #37

Michigan
Jim Palmer told me that the ac drains to the outside but, if the trailer is unlevel with the curbside lower, the condensate may drain on the floor.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:04 AM   #38

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have no intentions of hijacking this thread, BUT, since there are 2-3 Egger's here I have a question that pertains only to Egg Campers. Where does the a/c condensate drain into or from? I see no tubes underneath. Again, sorry for changing the subject, but wanted to ask this question, Thanks.
Since there are several EggCampers on board I will give a quick answer to AC drain question...

Like all of you, I'm a bit crazy or I wouldn't have an RV. When I first got my Egg I knew we were going to use it for 3 season camping - so I began sealing potential cold air leaks to the cabin. I removed the AC exterior grid and found lots of very large openings allowing outside air into the cabin - around the rear of the the AC unit. Here comes the Gorilla Duct Tape - I taped top, sides and bottom edge of the rear of the AC behind the ext grill. [time] ...camping in the summer AC work well, but after a while I noticed condensate water from under the AC coming into the cabin on the floor - hhmmm. [time] ...this winter I was at the EggCamper shop and asked Jim where the AC drain was located (I too thought there would be a drain tube). He showed me a new Egg in the shop with the ext grill removed - the AC unit sits on a piece of molded fiberglass, which has a flat bottom, raised edges (1 1/2") and designed to slope to the exterior. Apparently, condensate drips from the bottom of the AC unit onto the tray - runs toward the ext grill and sits there to evaporate with exit air?? I plan to keep mine sealed with tape until summer - then revamp the 'drain' set-up in some fashion?

I don't like the idea of circulating exterior air back into the AC so it has to work harder nor the idea of water 'sloshing' in the 'tray' when you hit the road. We need to begin a new topic for EggCampers to discuss possible mods to address this before summer. I would like to do more than drill drain holes in the bottom edge of the grill to allow water to trickle down the outside of the Egg... Sorry I don't have pix yet - and that the post is so long-winded.

Thanks for the question - it was a good one, Jim.

Bill
Old 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM   #39

Pennsylvania
Registry
I'm going to start a new thread= let's continue there...
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #40

Name: Bonnie and Claude
Trailer: N/A
Ontario
Registry
Wire shelving for closet

Quote:
This is what I did for the larger closet - same concept will work for the smaller closet. Simple, quick and light - - all the things I aim for in mods ;-)
Bill, where did you buy the wire shelving and plastic end tips? How much weight will the shelves support. (I put canned goods in my closet so want to ensure if I replace the wood with metal, they won't buckle.
Bonnie n Claude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper