EggCamper Internal Measurements - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2016, 01:15 PM   #29

Name: Crystal
Trailer: 2008 Fun FinderX 160, wanted Eggcamper all electric
Michigan
I wouldn't use the whole space and it wouldn't be permanent, that is why I might make the bed myself to make it more like an oversized twin size vs full size like the back bed. If the seats are 24" and a twin is about 36", then I would say a bed about 18 inches wide would make it just a little bigger than a twin and still leave over a foot of walking space. I was trying to avoid a build by finding the perfect sized folding cot but that hasn't happened since the one the right height is way to wide. Again just thinking out loud

Old 03-11-2016, 01:23 PM   #30

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
How about hanging a military gurney stretcher from the ceiling - like a suspended top bunk? Not a big fan of the holes you'd have to drill in the ceiling/roof to do that, though....

Old 03-11-2016, 03:03 PM   #31

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
How about hanging a military gurney stretcher from the ceiling - like a suspended top bunk? Not a big fan of the holes you'd have to drill in the ceiling/roof to do that, though....
Yeah I wouldn't put holes in the roof, coming from a previously leaking sticky (window seal replkaced) is why I am going FB in the first place. If you ever felt a wet thin wall before you 'd know why I am fearful of that. Ultimately I am keeping it a dinette and only doing this if the husband decides to join us (will be a rare occasion). So far the tallest in the bunch is me coming in at a whopping 5'3" so we don't need so much length. I actually wondered if we could sleep 3 in the bed area with me on the side with dinette seat for extra length. looking for more examples Thinking of something like this to raise the bed at the back, then I can get to doors

http://www.strutmaster.net/strut19.jpg

Heavy Bedlift Kit - Hatchlift 120-150 - Bed Pads & Mattresses - Camping World
Old 03-11-2016, 03:28 PM   #32

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Alabama
Crystal, Just a couple other options to consider:
1) We love our EggCamper, but there is just the two of us. And even with just us two, space is precious with little to spare for major space-occupying mods. If you are looking at accommodating three people on a regular basis, with the occasional possibility of a fourth, maybe you just need to bite the bullet and get a larger camper designed for that.
2) Do like Thom ("Accrete") did, and pull with a van so you can have extra sleeping space in the van when needed (see photo; he has since sold his ParkLiner). As I understand it, Thom and his wife set it up like a "Bed & Breakfast" where they ate and socialized in the camper but slept in the van (I believe he even had bathroom facilities in the van).
Just more things to ponder....
Attached Thumbnails
Accrete's Bed&Breakfast.jpg  
Old 03-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #33

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Just pack a tent for the occasional guests or the kids.
Old 03-14-2016, 01:02 PM   #34

Michigan
Can I please get the measurement from the seat up to the window in the dinette? I saw something on pinterest that was pretty cool and I had an idea The mod would probably not allow the existing table to be utilized, but it could still be seating as well as a bed. unless I got really crafty........which has me thinking maybe it can be all these things....I love a good challenge Thanks in advance
Old 03-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #35

Alabama
Crystal, It's approximately 17.25" from the top of the seat base up to the bottom edge of the dinette window (see photo; I moved my wife's swivel seat out of the way for a better view). So you know, I raised the dinette table about 1.5" to restore knee-room when we put in the padded high-back fishing boat-style swivel seats (from Bass Pro Shop). Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll be curious to see what you finally decide to do. Dale
Attached Thumbnails
DSC08561.jpg  
Old 03-15-2016, 07:24 AM   #36

Michigan
Thanks Dale!! What my brain is thinking and it might work out pretty well is to do similar to what you show, a FB seat on the FB seat, but put hinges at the edge, so the seat flips forward and then becomes a bed space. So imagine your seats facing the fridge, then flip them forward like a lawn mower seat and have the back be the legs that holds up the bed. This would make for about a 48" x almost 70" bed. I was thinking about putting the table on a telescoping bar and then having just the extra part of the table also hinged to fold out. So for me it's about finding or making a fiberglass seat to pretty much mirror the dinette seats so when folded out the seam will hold the table extension the way the seats now hold the current table in the recessed groove. Does this make sense or do I just sound crazy? I know this will only leave about a foot for walking by in the middle of the night, but I also thought it will be like having to chaise loungers also I actually sent a message to Jim at egg camper to see if I could get scrap pieces of fiberglass (and I'd buy them off him instead of having custom made). We'll see how my plans go......sure hope my sticky sells fast lol......that will be my egg dream come true!
Old 03-15-2016, 07:59 AM   #37

Alabama
If you live anywhere near a good-sized lake, there's probably a fiberglass boat repair shop nearby (for boaters who hit floating logs and submerged tree stumps at full throttle!) with an experienced fiberglass fabricator who could help you with your project, too.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #38

Michigan
that is a great idea too! Do you think it sounds crazy? I think a guy that had the thought for the boat seats was looking for a unique twist also Yes that pun was intended, but I think this is what I have fallen in love with, this camper is so easy to make changes too, even though you don't need to. I think this will save all the space under the bed for lots of storage (mostly our duffle bags with clothes etc).
Old 03-17-2016, 11:50 AM   #39

Michigan
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/AbMKCv...MQg-V2u-TbhnQ/

This is one idea, similar concept, but my plan was to include legs to the back (by wall with window) vs the sides of the seat

I also have another idea that might work, but still looking for a good example
Old 03-17-2016, 12:11 PM   #40

Michigan
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/203365739396095070/

here is another thought, but a surface on this and have it glide off and then put support legs under, it would also serve the purpose then cover with bedding. The nice thing about this option is that you could make it whatever width that suites you as long as you have the right size for the matress topping. Anyone do anything like this in their trailer?
Old 03-20-2016, 04:21 PM   #41

Alabama
Crystal, Find an antique "pub table" and look at the design where leafs can slide out from under the main table top and then pop up to be level with the main table top. Maybe something like that could work, too.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:48 PM   #42

Michigan
I drove just over an hour to see an actual egg camper today and loved it I see an empty slate and so many ideas to be hatched. So I'm hoping if I'm able to sell my sticky, that I can possibly buy this trailer (if the seller decides on really getting rid of it). Now I need patience

Tags
eggcamper