Ensolite insulation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 76 Surfside
Has anyone replaced the ensolite insulation in their trailer? I recently purchased a 1976 surf side 14 foot. The previous owners started painting the ensolite with white latex paint, which has already been rubbed off in some places. I would like to gut the trailer completely in my restoration, and this would be a good time to replace the insulation. Is the insulation very expensive? Can it be purchased from refrigeration supply stores?
Mark LL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:47 PM   #2

Trailer: Fiber Stream 16 ft
Registry
Quote:
Has anyone replaced the ensolite insulation in their trailer? I recently purchased a 1976 surf side 14 foot. The previous owners started painting the ensolite with white latex paint, which has already been rubbed off in some places. I would like to gut the trailer completely in my restoration, and this would be a good time to replace the insulation. Is the insulation very expensive? Can it be purchased from refrigeration supply stores?
Mark,

Congrats on the new project!

Yes. There are many threads dealing with replacing ensolite, painting ensolite and where to buy ensolite. Some sources are listed in the 'Helpful Links' page on the bar to the left.

If you use the 'Search' window at the top of the page you can type in 'ensolite' to find the strings and discussions. There are a couple of active threads on ensolite going on now - just scroll down through the topics and you will find them.

If you still have questions after reading the threads drop me a PM or post your question. There are many here willing to help.

Have fun and good luck with the new project.

There is no such thing as an all black cat.
Tom U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #3

Trailer: 1972 Compact Jr
Contact Norseman foam, in B.C. and Alberta. They have a couple of product lines to consider and they can slit the product so that it is not so thick and more flexible
Kent I is offline   Reply With Quote