Although I made these for my Escape
, I assume they will work in other trailers.
I was concerned about the Venetian blinds at either end of the upper bunk, they are vulnerable to damage when down and make noise when brushed against. If the kids didn't bust up the blinds as they flopped around, they would wake up if the blinds rattled too much.
I made window covers out 3/8" foam board that I bought at a craft store. I cut a piece of brown paper bag to fit into the window sill and traced the contour of the curved sill onto the paper. I cut the paper as a template and trimmed two window covers to fit tightly into the sill. We will decorate the covers later; I wanted to try them out first and am pleased to report they work great. The fit tight and keep out noise and light
We covered the exposed edges of the covers with duct tape to increase their damage tolerance. I then vertically cut the covers into two equal pieces and used three pieces of overlapping duct tape to tape then back together. This made a simple hinge that allows me to fold the covers and store them in an overhead storage compartment.
The pictures below show a cover folded for storage, open for installation, and installed.
Folded for storage
Open for installation