Extended countertop - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2018, 09:47 PM   #1

Name: Dana
Trailer: Scamp
UT
Extended countertop

Quick project to add some working space to my 1986 13’ scamp. Bought this rig last summer in rougher shape and did a lot of slapdash projects to get it watertight and usable by the fall... hence the scrap wood covering the stove hole as a workspace in the before pic. Time to clean up the rough edges now.

Built this countertop out of 3 1x8x6 pine common boards screwed together on the underside with some lengths of 1x4. I wanted more working space so the table could stay in bed mode more permanently. Also wanted to leave the front berth usable, as it’s a nice napping spot. Don’t have the bunks setup and no need for it, but one could figure out some way to keep it usable with this design if need be.

I still need to add a small wood backsplash of 1x4, fill the gaps with wood filler, finish the wood, and mount it permanently. I’ll also be building out the ugly front bunk bed ledge into a bookshelf.

As for the barebones kitchen; I haven’t camped in a campground with hookups for years. Best part of the west is plentiful free camping on BLM land. This rig did not have a stove when I bought it and unlikely I will add one as I usually cook outside. As you can see I do have an adapter hose routed outside to use the Coleman on a bulk tank if need be. The pump faucet is plumbed to a simple movable 5 gallon container underneath (easy to fill at a spigot or even filter water from a stream) and the sink drains to the one of the same containers. The little faucet wasn’t even hooked up so I pulled it. Basic, but it’s luxury if you’re used to a tent
Attached Thumbnails
96A7C995-07CA-47C7-8177-CF3C7E3C675E.jpg   C95DB5CA-E57C-4AC6-B056-6002AB194DD6.jpg  

utahscampguy is offline   Reply With Quote