Exterior paint - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Name: Mary
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Texas
Exterior paint

What kind of paint should I use to decorate the exterior of my fiberglass boler?
sistermary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #2

Name: Blake
Trailer: '79 Boler 13
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sistermary View Post
What kind of paint should I use to decorate the exterior of my fiberglass boler?

Interlux Brightsides. I painted my whole Boler with it, thats one option. I think Ill use some of the black to paint a design on mine too. I may buy some specialty pinstriping brushes, I guess it depends on what i decide to do.... design wise.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 AM   #3

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
I am in the process of preping my Boler for paint. Did you spray or roller the Interlux on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Interlux Brightsides. I painted my whole Boler with it, thats one option. I think Ill use some of the black to paint a design on mine too. I may buy some specialty pinstriping brushes, I guess it depends on what i decide to do.... design wise.
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:31 AM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
Quote:
I like the color you chose. I was thinking of a bright or almost safety yellow myself. I am also considering pumpkin orange. I am also tossing around the idea of silver. Maybe something that mimics an Airstream or Avion. <Ducking head from rabid fiberglass fans>
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 76 13 ft Scamp (fits in my Garage...Yeah)
i used the Aston Martin Gray for my 76 scamp thats blue 1/2" police reflective tape on the belly band and 1/4" on the windows look awesome at night

finishing up my green power project this weekend i have people stop me while driving now and asking where i got my trailer and what is it....

make it different what ever you paint it.......
Attached Thumbnails
photo.JPG   IMG_0192.JPG  

jimtesla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:18 PM   #6

British Columbia
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimtesla View Post
i used the Aston Martin Gray for my 76 scamp thats blue 1/2" police reflective tape on the belly band and 1/4" on the windows look awesome at night

finishing up my green power project this weekend i have people stop me while driving now and asking where i got my trailer and what is it....

With the interlux Brightsides i used a rolling and tipping tech. i learned on utube. its very easy. I needed a coating that is forgiving of the novice painter. I would not have tackled a spray coating. My quest was to find a coating that even I could do and it would look good. This forum thankfully lead me to the Interlux product and how- to advice. It turned out great, thanks to the helpful posts I read here.

there is not a huge range of color choices yet I found 2 that i loved. This bright yellow and a baby blue that I thought looked so 60's beautiful.

rolling - on with a small roller tipping -- smoothing bubbles with a foam brush.

If I can paint my boler myself than anyone can.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #7

Registry
Very nice choise of color. Very classy, now you just need to get a matching Aston Martin to tow it with!

Quote:

Old 05-11-2011, 01:21 PM   #8

Registry
I am looking at White for the top and Largo Blue for the bottom. Still busy sanding in between rain here in Winnipeg, but I am getting there.

Quote:
With the interlux Brightsides i used a rolling and tipping tech. i learned on utube. its very easy. I needed a coating that is forgiving of the novice painter. I would not have tackled a spray coating. My quest was to find a coating that even I could do and it would look good. This forum thankfully lead me to the Interlux product and how- to advice. It turned out great, thanks to the helpful posts I read here.

there is not a huge range of color choices yet I found 2 that i loved. This bright yellow and a baby blue that I thought looked so 60's beautiful.

rolling - on with a small roller tipping -- smoothing bubbles with a foam brush.

If I can paint my boler myself than anyone can.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:28 PM   #9

British Columbia
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
I am looking at White for the top and Largo Blue for the bottom. Still busy sanding in between rain here in Winnipeg, but I am getting there.

I think that would be absolutely beautiful for your boler.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #10

Name: Michael
Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Ohio
Quote:

That is very cool. That almost matches the color of my Tow Vehicle. I was tossing that idea around too. I especially like the belly band stripe. I am going to do some variation of that for sure. I'll bet I can get the blue reflective police stripe from Gall's Police equipment. Very truly a unique set up!
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #11

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Just start using wet&dry sandpaper.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:30 AM   #12

Trailer: Boler 1984
I used the good old universal white "Brightsides" from Interlux. At the time it was to match up with a white Dakota PU I was using as a tow vehicle. I figured that I could always repaint half or add stripes to match a future tow. People on this forum also say that white is the best colour if you want to resale later; but we know that that won't happen.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:06 AM   #13

Registry
Just put on my rain coat as the rain is the wet and the sandpaper is the dry but not for long LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Just start using wet&dry sandpaper.

Bill K

Tags
paint