F/G taillight adapters U-Haul CT13s - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-03-2016, 07:32 AM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
F/G taillight adapters U-Haul CT13s

Just a heads-up, for U-Haul camper owners who aren't active on the U-Haul Facebook site.

I've worked with Tom Griebe to design and now start making available a fiberglass adapter to mount with same 4 screws in the stock location of the original lenses..... so if your lenses are broken or missing in action, and you haven't gone with the aluminum adapter housings already [which were oversized, and are now scarce], there's another option available.

Same footprint as the original lenses, so no new holes to drill, and no modifying or covering of original decals.
Sized to accommodate the standard 4" round combination taillights that many trailers uses, mounted in a rubber grommet. But you could surface-mount a version of that light, or a square one, or whatever.
Raised pad on outboard face that could accept a reflector, or small side-marker light.

I'm not "pushing" these.... simply letting U-Haul owners know there's a new option for taillight mounting.

PM me for pricing/ordering info. Any other questions, fire away here......

Gary
Attached Thumbnails
16-0616 2nd run 01!.jpg   16-0628-TaillightFitted-04.jpg  

16-0628-TaillightFitted-05.jpg   16-0628-TaillightFitted-02.jpg  

16-0630-Taillight-RichardTallent-01a!.jpg   16-0217-TomGriebe-prototypeFits-01!!!.jpg  

Old 07-03-2016, 07:43 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
That looks great, Gary! I don't own a CT-13, but I've heard enough about the problem to know you have a great solution for those of us who are competent to turn a screwdriver but not up to a custom fiberglass redesign of the taillight housing.

Old 07-03-2016, 09:55 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Gary; did you get the message I sent on the Facebook group ??
Old 07-03-2016, 10:12 AM   #4

Name: Roger
Trailer: U Hall VT
Michigan
Registry
Do they fit a VT?
Old 07-03-2016, 10:32 AM   #5

Iowa
Bob,
I don't think I got that forwarded message. But the Facebook U-Haul group has already had news of these adapters posted---about a week ago. [I just got to thinking this morning of posting it here, too..... for those U-Haul owners who don't do Facebook.]

Roger,
I really don't know if the taillights are the same between CT & VT models. Sorry.
Old 08-28-2016, 07:14 PM   #6

Name: Andy
Trailer: Uhaul
Missouri
Silver turtle

I,m interested in the stop light adapters. From your pictures it looks like they come with a rubber gasket. How much are they? How do I contact you off line?
Old 08-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #7

Iowa
Andy,
I've made and sold 12 pairs of the taillight adapters this summer........on hold for now, while we scramble to get our retirement cottage finished; but I'll probably start making them again in late September.
Price varies, depending on what the client wants me to do, but starts at $110 per pair, in primer. More, if you want them painted in something like the U-Haul "cream" color... and if you want large openings for the inset tail-lamps.
You can PM me for more details, or email me at groys02@gmail.com.
You may wish to consider 2 other options, as well.
[1] Several people on the U-Haul Facebook site are now selling their cast-aluminum taillight adapters. These are a genuine U-Haul product, though not made for the campers, so they don't match the corner curvature precisely..... they do offer the potential of being sanded and polished up nicely, though.
[2] Another member on the U-Haul Facebook site is hoping to have new taillight lenses in production soon. No prices yet, and not ready to take orders yet..... but that possibility is out there.
Those are the 2 options to my F/G adapters, at any rate.
Best wishes,
Gary
p.s. the black you see in the one picture isn't a gasket, but remnants of the old U-Haul rubber pocket that held the bulbs behind the original lenses. My adapters fit snug enough that the gasket material I purchased turns out to be too thick....... most folks are using a little rope of butyl caulk to seal them to the camper body.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I have a set of the aluminum adapters that I want to trade for a pair of the original lenses if the red part of the lens is in excellent condition. Don't care about the amber part.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0227.jpg  
Old 08-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #9

Name: Andy
Trailer: Uhaul
Missouri
Silver turtle

Thanks for your quick answer. Hope your retirement cottage turns our OK. I have LED lights that work OK right now. I think I'll just stick with them. Sincerely, Andy

Tags
light, u-haul