Fantastic Fan question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #15
Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
The thermostat works fine, but I have never been in a situation where it would have been helpful ([b]yet).
I found the thermostat essential! On hot summer days when we want to go into a museum or restaurant for any length of time, we put our dog in the UHaul with Fantastic Fan open and thermostat set to exhaust air when the temp at the ceiling gets too hot. Down on the floor, the dog stays nice and cool, even on the hottest days - and the fan only runs when needed.

jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #16
Name: Ron
Trailer: 2007 Bigfoot 25' Rear Queen

Hey Don, thanks for your reply. Hopefully, it will help other Fantastic Fan buyers choose the correct Maxxair cover. I just bought a new Bigfoot with the Fantastic Fan. Now I know which cover to buy!!

In the beautiful Pacific NW where it rains six months out of the year.

Ron N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:03 PM   #17
Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
We are planning to get a Fantastic Fan for our 13' Scamp. We are thinking about getting the one that automatically opens & closes, has the rain sensor, etc. To those of you who have this model, is it worth the extra $$? And those who have the manual model, do you wish you had the automatic? Thanks for your feedback!
"Nuestra Casita" has a Fantastic Fan with a MaxxAire cover. She has been subjected to some enormous downpours while the vent was open without allowing a single drop inside. If you don't have an air conditioner and garage door clearance is an issue, buy the automatic fan. Otherwise, spend the price difference on the cover. I didn't buy the fancy fan with automatic bells & whistles because we leave the vent open 24/7, on-the-road or parked. No condensation problems whether in use or in storage. When more air movement is needed we then turn on the fan.
MaxxAire window vents also help to alleviate that muggy inside atmosphere, when you are trapped inside because it's warm and raining outside.

That's my story & I'm stickin' to it It's worked flawlessly for us for 3 years and about 9,000 miles.
Now you get to pick and choose with a little more background... ?

Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 06:33 AM   #18
Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Check out Aero-Flo vent covers - we've been delighted with ours. No leaks after 20,000 miles, and - I believe - better ventilation than other brands.

jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote