Fantastic Fan Vs. Maxxfan - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #1

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Fantastic Fan Vs. Maxxfan

Just was at my RV dealer today and getting prices for a covered vent fan for my Casita.
Looked at the Fantastic Fan1250, they had in store and if I was to buy this I would have to by a Maxxair 1, cover at an extra cost.
For about the same money we looked into a Maxxfan deluxe with 4 speeds and manual low profile cover.
Just wondering if anyone has any issues with ether one of these fans?
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Everybody with an Escape is perfectly happy with the Maxxfan that ETI installs. It's just better than the other, even if the name is harder to remember.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:48 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Love the MaxxFan in Ten Forward! I've used it in the rain, since it has a self-cover, it's low profile and I can use it with the lid down if I so desire... kinda like a ceiling fan in your house to just move air around. What's not to like?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:49 PM   #4

Just was on line and did a bit of research and do like the looks of the low profile of the Mini and the auto open and close feature would be great when in bed and it's hot or cold and not wanting to get out of bed.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #5

Thanks all you pros...will be getting one tomorrow and installing before the first snows here in Maine.
Right around the corner.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:23 PM   #6

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
the maxxfan in my escape is the automatic one with a power top, 10 speeds, and thermostat, so you can set it to automatically come on when the temp gets above a preset.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:27 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
I have had boh brand of fans, and the Maxxfan is so much nicer. The lid utilizes two lifting rods, while the Fantastic Fan only has one, so wind rocks it around more while in the open position. My Maxxfan has a manual opening lid, 10 speeds foreward & reverse, as well as a thermostat that you set for it to come on or off. They both cost the same when I was shopping for mine.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:41 AM   #8

You can lock the Maxxfan in any position so that the lid doesn't move. So, you can drive with the Maxxfan fully open and solid.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:00 AM   #9

And all this time I thought the Fantastic Fan was the last word in Vent/Fans.
Glad I posted this as I am sure many will benefit from you all.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:28 AM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Another vote for the Maxxfan. Well engineered and works great!
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #11

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
The infatuation with the venerable Maxxfan does not diminish the fact that Fantastic Fan has a long history of unsurpassed quality, value, and service.

My trailer came with a Fantastic Fan and if I thought it would be an improvement I would switch. As long as it works perfect (14years so far) I will not waste money better spent on actual travel.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #12

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
The infatuation with the venerable Maxxfan does not diminish the fact that Fantastic Fan has a long history of unsurpassed quality, value, and service.

My trailer came with a Fantastic Fan and if I thought it would be an improvement I would switch. As long as it works perfect (14years so far) I will not waste money better spent on actual travel.
I agree.. I will not replace my FF. But that is in part because I put a rain cover on it and converted it to infinite speed control instead of the stock three speed resister controlled one. So now it is OK. But if it needs to be replaced, its a MaxxFan for sure. If buying new, same thing. After all, Scamp saw the benefit of installing the MaxxFan after putting the FF in their builds for so many years. FF has not kept up with the competition but they will support the outdated product.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:48 AM   #13

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
I've had both, the Max with the integrated cover is sleek, the FF was quieter and used less power. I had the FF 10 years ago so things may have changed. I liked the FF better.
Old 10-13-2018, 09:49 AM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Here is another vote for MaxxFan. Low profile when traveling, can be left open in the rain. Only objection is, the one in our ParkLiner is back over the bed, hard to reach. It did have a bad control circuit board, but a call to the company got me a new one, under warranty.
And, it is quiet since the tips of the fan blades are surrounded by a ring.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:06 AM   #15

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
I have an ff 6 speed in or out by a remote. self closes in the rain when it is opened with the remote. does not close when raining if manual opened. totally closed for travel is correctly engineered. does not come on automatically with temp change setting. Had it for ten years wet conditions and desert. quite can be unsure if it is on highest setting. cost less. looks very nice. I don't know the other one at all to compare.
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #16

Name: Bob N Judy
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Texas

What she said.
Not really any comparison anymore since Fantastic was sold
bobnjudy78748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #17

Name: Bob N Judy
Trailer: Escape 5.0TA
Texas
What Donna said

What she said.
Not really any comparison anymore since Fantastic was sold
bobnjudy78748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #18

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
I installed the MaxxFan with manual cover on my Bigfoot and it works great. Very quiet with a screen one can remove from below to clean (no dirt so far because it's got that built-in cover). I researched both but felt that the MaxxFan was better built.
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post

Point well taken but when you do not have any fan....you may as well get some input.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #20

Defending Scamp seems like a full time job for you Floyd.